• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help!

Rager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
What do i have to do to install a 3 inch body lift. i was told i needed to extend all brake lines and some electrical parts? any truth to that?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
What do i have to do to install a 3 inch body lift. i was told i needed to extend all brake lines and some electrical parts? any truth to that?

No. You need to extend the steering shaft and put in the gas tank filler extender. I have lifted a lot of trucks and never had to do anything other then the steering shaft extension and the gas tank filler extender!! The brake lines never had to be replaced with longer lines. Yours should be long enough as they are. You might have to move them up a bit like I have done and tie wrap them better. You will get all the parts you need if you get a PA bl kit. You should get the bumper bracket relocation kit included as well. All my PA kits came with everything I needed for a bl. The gas tank filler extender comes with it as well. I moved my bumpers up as well with the bumper bracket relocation kit that was in every PA kit I bought. Don't buy a cheap kit. Only buy a PA kt. You will be happy with it. I never had any issues with any of the PA bl kits I have bought....EVER!!!

Rager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i am buying a used bl off an f-150. it just comes with the spacers and the long bolts. its there any way i can fab the steering shaft extender and the filler neck? if so what would be the best way?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You need to buy your correct kit not something else....you don't want to get hurt or killed, right? Call PA and ask them for the correct part or go to a 4x4 shop...you really should NOT make your own part. I have seen a few accidents over some body's crappy fabed steering link extender. You need to be very careful, Bro!!! Don't get hurt!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals