• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

alters1did

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The 1" bar will fit on the ranger.. I am running one myself... Make sure you get all of the brackets and stuff to go with it... I'd like to find a 1 " for the front. or bigger even.
Thank you sir.. I have a problem with this stupid plate witch was confusing me..

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My latest accessory to the truck....

[/URL][/IMG]

InadvertentSmell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Those are the same wheels and tires I want. I didn't think they would fit the front or the rear. Your truck is amazing!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those are the same wheels and tires I want. I didn't think they would fit the front or the rear. Your truck is amazing!
thanks Bud. The fronts rub the sway bar turning hard right but not at all turning left.. I'd go 8 inch wide if I could go back and redo.. I'd keep the 10.5s on the back for sure..

fiatwins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I like the Shelby look as well, here is my interpretation of what a Shelby Ranger May have looked like. Its a 94 with the 3.0 5spd with hurst shifter, jet chip, roush dual exhaust, 4x4 spoiler and lights, 15x8.5 American racing Torque thrust and Radial T/A's.

Attachments

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just found a major problem.. the 1" rear sway bar hit the speed sensor and broke the pig tail.. it's also rubbing the right shock to the point of denting it and it's rubbing the fuel tank.. Too big for a lowered truck.. It's going up for sale as soon as I take it off.. Also discovered the exhaust is rusted out... Needs to be replaced.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the Shelby look as well, here is my interpretation of what a Shelby Ranger May have looked like. Its a 94 with the 3.0 5spd with hurst shifter, jet chip, roush dual exhaust, 4x4 spoiler and lights, 15x8.5 American racing Torque thrust and Radial T/A's.
Nice looking truck bud.

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
Just found a major problem.. the 1" rear sway bar hit the speed sensor and broke the pig tail.. it's also rubbing the right shock to the point of denting it and it's rubbing the fuel tank.. Too big for a lowered truck.. It's going up for sale as soon as I take it off.. Also discovered the exhaust is rusted out... Needs to be replaced.

Yeah, pretty sure those monsters are meant for the lifted versions with big tires.

1/2"-3/4" should be all you need so long as the suspension is tuned properly.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Your rear suspension is mostly stock right. I know it's lowered, I'm just referring to the way things are laid out. Mine will be set up more like an Explorer, so hopefully I'll still be able to use my 1" bar if I come up with the right brackets for an Explorer axle.

If you do decide to sell off that 1" bar LMK. I'll probably drive up and get it if I have time. Want one for the 99 Ranger 4wd. It's slightly lifted, but its mostly street driven with over sized tires, weak springs, and a heavy camper shell. Definitely feels like it could use a stiffer bar in the rear. Already have a large front bar from an Explorer to use with it.

Need an excuse to come up there to see the truck in person, and possible hit up the pull-a-part yards again. Be good motivation to get back started on my truck. No progress in years so I'm starting over. Doing a lot of work around the house right now, but once its done the truck is going back down to the frame and getting done right. Well, at least as right as I can get it for now.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your rear suspension is mostly stock right. I know it's lowered, I'm just referring to the way things are laid out. Mine will be set up more like an Explorer, so hopefully I'll still be able to use my 1" bar if I come up with the right brackets for an Explorer axle.

If you do decide to sell off that 1" bar LMK. I'll probably drive up and get it if I have time. Want one for the 99 Ranger 4wd. It's slightly lifted, but its mostly street driven with over sized tires, weak springs, and a heavy camper shell. Definitely feels like it could use a stiffer bar in the rear. Already have a large front bar from an Explorer to use with it.

Need an excuse to come up there to see the truck in person, and possible hit up the pull-a-part yards again. Be good motivation to get back started on my truck. No progress in years so I'm starting over. Doing a lot of work around the house right now, but once its done the truck is going back down to the frame and getting done right. Well, at least as right as I can get it for now.
It's set up the way ford set it up except I used lowering hangers to drop it 4".. I' will be selling it for sure as soon as I have a chance to take it off. if you want it you have first dibs... I got to hit pull a part soon to pick up the speed sensor pigtail.. Makes sense now as to why the ABS light is on... I'm replacing the shocks with air shocks because I'm hauling heavy stuff from time to time and it will squat way to low... maybe why the sway bar did what it did...
exhaust should be here tomorrow.. going back stock style with a cat back muffler and tailpipe.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, pretty sure those monsters are meant for the lifted versions with big tires.

1/2"-3/4" should be all you need so long as the suspension is tuned properly.
I did pull it off a Bronco II....

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When you pull off the rear sway bar, could you get a pic with a carpenters square laying beside it? Long side of square parallel to the long side of the bar. I want to see the length of the arms as well as orientation to compare to the f150 bar I bent to fit my truck.
Thanks,
Richard

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's set up the way ford set it up except I used lowering hangers to drop it 4".. I' will be selling it for sure as soon as I have a chance to take it off. if you want it you have first dibs... I got to hit pull a part soon to pick up the speed sensor pigtail.. Makes sense now as to why the ABS light is on... I'm replacing the shocks with air shocks because I'm hauling heavy stuff from time to time and it will squat way to low... maybe why the sway bar did what it did...
exhaust should be here tomorrow.. going back stock style with a cat back muffler and tailpipe.
Yeah, I'm pretty certain that want it. I'm not in a rush, so let me know when you're ready.

Mine's going together more like an Explorer. Explorer axle and springs with spring under axle, but I'll probably use a shackle to raise it back up a little for tire clearance. Both shocks behind axle using Explorer plates, and upper end will go to a cross member I haven't built yet. Will also be putting in a fuel cell behind the axle once I've got the shock cross member built. Won't be running ABS so I shouldn't need the rear speed sensor, will only have it installed to plug the hole unless I find something better.

Hoping that with nothing else in front of the axle I'll be able to run the BII bar with no interference. If not I'll probably be looking for an aftermarket Explorer bar.

I hear you on the air shocks. Had them on the 84 for that very reason. I've considered putting them on this one, but not sure its going to happen. I've still got the 99 4x4 that I'm going to be dropping it back down to stock ride height and installing heavy duty leaf springs. My next project truck will be a 68 F-100 4x4 with a 390, staying mostly stock with a few upgrades (Brakes and EFI). Either of those would be much better pullers. I've also got a spare bed first gen that I'm turning into a trailer, so if I do need to pull something heavy with the little truck it'll probably go on the trailer.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
was gonna do some rading to catch up from the last few years i havent been online...but with this many post guess i need to take vacation and start reading lol

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's been a while since I've done anything with the truck. Since I sorta finished it I've put 20,000 miles on it. For the past 4 months the engine and tranny has been back out. Thanks to oil leaks.. Major oil leaks. I bought a brand new 2001+ M5OD HD transmission. If you do this swap you will need to either get an Electrical speedo or swap the tail shaft housing and sensor gear from your old tranny. Also had to buy a front alignment tool for the timing cover. If you do a timing chain on the 4.0 without it and not have a leak consider yourself lucky. While it was out put a set of aftermarket cylinder heads ported and polished on. Getting ready to go back in with it next week.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals