• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dual headunit

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I have a Dual XDMA6630 headunit and i have two problems.First problem is that when i hook my ipod touch into the usb port on the faceplate of the radio it will not read my ipod.It use to read my ipod just fine until i left it plugged up and the ipod went dead.My other problem is from all of the stock speakers in the truck you can hear a whine noise it sounds like the alternator whining what can i do to fix that?please help.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Its because particular brand sucks. You can get a decent price on a pioneer.

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
dual is actually a really good up and coming brand. they have good quality stuff. im surprised you have issues with it. i would suggest taking it somewhere and having it looked at. if you end up needing a new radio i would suggest this one
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1303300UB/Pioneer-DEH-3300UB.html?search=pioneer+3300

i have this in my ranger and it kicks ass. my old factory unit had such crappy quality. you wouldnt believe how crisp this thing is. only thing limiting me is my speakers. i use the usb for my ipod so it always stays charged

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Sounds like insignia TVs or visio anything thats not a tv to me. I almost bought a dual but passed on it because I bad vibe from it. Bought an eclipse instead.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thats one company ill never touch. JBL is another. you get what you pay for in this world, so if you got a killer deal, you get a little trouble. Id call them and ask.

Ill always stick with Clarion, JL audio or Bose. My truck is the stock deck (rangers take 3 seconds to break into) with Pioneer mids and highs (sound best in the ranger doors) with a 12" aluminum clarion sub. Dont remember the brand amp i have, it was a freebee.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Thats one company ill never touch. JBL is another. you get what you pay for in this world, so if you got a killer deal, you get a little trouble. Id call them and ask.

Ill always stick with Clarion, JL audio or Bose. My truck is the stock deck (rangers take 3 seconds to break into) with Pioneer mids and highs (sound best in the ranger doors) with a 12" aluminum clarion sub. Dont remember the brand amp i have, it was a freebee.
Thats why I have an eclipse. Cost almost as much to have it reprogrammed as it does to buy a new one........ Wish it had more power though.... Not quite enough to drive the polk audio speakers.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
(rangers take 3 seconds to break into)
It doesn't take that long to bust a window out of any vehicle.

The whine sounds like a possible bad ground though.

The rest of it sounds like a bad HU, I have had good luck with Pioneer and Alpine.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
is your iPod charged now?

better yet, WHY DID YOU IPOD DIE WHEN HOOKED UP? does it not charge w/ the usb???? and yeah, cheak all your grounds for the other isse.

i'm not a fan of Dual, but i've dealt w/ some that turned out to be a nice radio.
personally, i believe in clarion, eclipse, and the higher end pioneer stuff (if you can buy it at walmart, that's not the pioneer stuff i'm talking about)

now can we stop hatin' on dual and help the guy get his problem solved???? lol

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged

better yet, WHY DID YOU IPOD DIE WHEN HOOKED UP? does it not charge w/ the usb???? and yeah, cheak all your grounds for the other isse.

i'm not a fan of Dual, but i've dealt w/ some that turned out to be a nice radio.
personally, i believe in clarion, eclipse, and the higher end pioneer stuff (if you can buy it at walmart, that's not the pioneer stuff i'm talking about)

If he just had it hooked to the auxiliary port on the front, no it doesnt charge.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
If he just had it hooked to the auxiliary port on the front, no it doesnt charge.
however, he said he hooked it to the usb on the front of his headunit...

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic

Yes my ipod is charged now.it will charge it but will not play it.And it went dead cause i had my ipod lock on never so i would have to press the power button to cut it off instead of having it on like 2 minutes which will cut if off after two minutes.SO when it died i charged the ipod back up and plugged in back in and it didnt work.And what ground/s should i check just the one ground for the radio?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
all grounds.. clean your battery cables and the radio ground and any amp grounds...
and the alternator cables.

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Well i gues Dual doesnt suck at all.Cause i disconnected the battery and now it works perfect so yea Dual is a good brand maybe not as good as sony or pioneer but a good brand.

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I cant find where the radio ground hooks to it goes into a little connector and i dont see a black wire comIng out

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well i gues Dual doesnt suck at all.Cause i disconnected the battery and now it works perfect so yea Dual is a good brand maybe not as good as sony or pioneer but a good brand.
if you can buy it at walmart, its cheap.

glad to hear its working.

and for the guy about the glass, i can get into any ranger in under 3 seconds without breaking anything. great way to play with your friends if they have MT and you can push it a few blocks down the road and re lock it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals