• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need bushing help!!!! Leaf spring bushing kits.

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey all i think im about to ask a dumb question....haha anyway i am in the process of swapping to 8.8 and D35, i chose to go with the 92 explorer springs all around and before i start cutting the siezed bolts like a madman, i was wondering if the B2 leaf eyes are the same as the 92 explorer leaf eyes. this will tell me what kit to order instead of wasting half of a poly kit and losing $$ would be kewl to get an awnser and save all my ugly words for the PIA work to come.. PS>>> will the explr frnt springs be too stiff for offroad ? beats trial and error if i can get awnsers from yall.. thnx in advance.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
There is NO poly kit available for the Explorer springs. The explorer springs take a large 1-7/8" bushing at one end and the standard RB-131 ranger bushing at the other end.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yes there is, they make them for the explorer.

1995-2000 use a funny sized bushing. There are NO poly kits available. Unfortunately, my argument is pointless due to the OP having '92 springs. Carry on...

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is true i do have 92' springs =P i read a bit in the library and forums telling me to be carefull with changing the springs from B2 to explr---4dr, beings the springs are about 2-3x stiffer than my stock springs causing poor offroad performance and requiring drop brackets =( i was looking for haulin more wieght without mashin the bump stops the hole trip... but if the front springs are not worth it i will not change em out lemme know guys THNX>>>>

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
will take some pics today and post my build thread....... never posted pics before so i have to learn haha anyway cant be to hard thnx again guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals