• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brakes

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Alright here's what I got going on. I lost my brakes well my pedal goes to the floor. So I started at the brakes and replaced the calipers and wheel cylinders(they needed it bad) and bled my brakes good. But still my pedal goes to the floor. So from there I decided to toss a new master cylinder on and see if that helps. SURPRISE not any better so we pulled the front brake line on the caliper off to see if it's even pushing fluid out and nothing is even coming out. Made sure the fliud is in and the res is working good but still nothing is coming out of it. I am just looking for direction of where to go cause right now I'm stuck.

This is on my bronco 2 it's a 89 b2 with explorer drive train and 35s.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Check all of your lines to make sure they are not leaking, then bleed the brakes, starting with passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, driver front.

It sounds like you have air in the lines somewhere

AJ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 while sitting in my underwear

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So here is an update from last night. The problem that I am stuck at is when I bench bleed the master I have lots of fluid push though the "lines" but when the master is installed on the truck and there is little to no fluid being pushed through the lines when using the booster to push the masters piston. But the boater is all functioning normal as far as I can tell.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
With master off the Booster push rod moves in and out with the pedal?

If possible have someone push on the pedal while you try to prevent push rod from moving, you, of course, shouldn't be able to stop it or even slow it down, lol.

If brake fluid is not pouring out some where then master is not being pushed in by booster push rod.
If lines were blocked then you would have a hard pedal, since pedal goes to the floor with no leaks then master's piston is not being pushed in
There is an adjustment on the end of the booster push rod it is usually already set up from old master, when master is bolted into place pedal should be at normal high position and no slop in pedal when first pushed down, so push rod is on master's piston no gap

Last edited:

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well I got it figured out. for the most part lol. Thanks for all the responses so fast. I wasn't having fluid come out of the master because the bench bleed I did prior to install wasn't done all the way so there was still some air pockets limiting the vacuum. well I got that fixed and adjusted the rear so now I have brakes, Not as much as I would like I think that to get them back to where I would like them I need to put new rotors on the front and eventually steel lines but it all comes with money right lol. after testing(wheeling) the brakes last night I discovered a bad something in the front end I now gotta fix I will update on my build thread when I figure out what the heck is going on. Mahalo for all the help.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well I got it figured out. for the most part lol. Thanks for all the responses so fast. I wasn't having fluid come out of the master because the bench bleed I did prior to install wasn't done all the way so there was still some air pockets limiting the vacuum. well I got that fixed and adjusted the rear so now I have brakes, Not as much as I would like I think that to get them back to where I would like them I need to put new rotors on the front and eventually steel lines but it all comes with money right lol. after testing(wheeling) the brakes last night I discovered a bad something in the front end I now gotta fix I will update on my build thread when I figure out what the heck is going on. Mahalo for all the help.

could also be any of the 3 rubber brake hoses (they could be ballooning when you hit the brakes) replace brake hoses and re bleed....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals