• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wifes new Bronco 2 build

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well here it goes same story guy gets 20 ranger/bronco 2's and has to build rig for his wife.so i went out in the snow and picked out her B2 from the group. most of it's parts are coming from a couple of explorers i picked up this summer. 1'st is 4.0 engine , manual trans/tranfercase , dana35,8.8 and modified drive lines.hopefully DDmachine doubler . 64'' chevy leafs , beltech 6400 shackles. parts rig is running 5.5 skyjacker w/extended radius arms got it for $500. 1st picture is her new B2 . 2nd is donor explorer and in back ground is trans/transfer case donor explorer. this rig and my ranger have to be done by fathers day 2015 for our Alaska Meet & Greet in Wasilla Alaska we are going to be there for a week .

Attachments

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
off the injured reserve and the weathers great so off to the garage next weekend . wifes birthday is this coming saturday.

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1st real day of work on wifes Bronco2

well it's officially in the garage . looks like the lift and tires are going to work out perfect! and the wife loves it as do i . going to be running 5.5"lift with extended radius arms . got a good deal on a set of 5 goodyear 33" x 12.5" x15 Goodyear MTR'S with duraliner and a set off Staun's internal bead locks all for 14oo and. after getting it the garage i realized i forgot to get a new set of rear axle u-bolts. i'll have to pick some up on monday.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Attachments

Last edited:

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
todays work

well i got all the front suspension pulled from the donor explorer in the fresh 3" of snow and into the garage.discovered the typical driver axle beam drop bracket was broken. so i've got to weld and reinforce before i can install in the bronco 2. good day though.sorry no pictures tonight note pad quit working.

Last edited:

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
round 2

well got all the bronco 2 suspension removed this afternoon. front drop brackets repaired and installed. now got to get the extended radius arm brackets drilled and mounted.

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's running 38" tsl's ,7" suspension lift, 3" body,1978 ford dana 44 narrowed with chromoly axle shafts 5:13 gears and mini spool in rear 8.8 axle. smitty buildt 8000 lb winch.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
it's running 38" tsl's ,7" suspension lift, 3" body,1978 ford dana 44 narrowed with chromoly axle shafts 5:13 gears and mini spool in rear 8.8 axle. smitty buildt 8000 lb winch.
Nice! I am from Delta. :icon_thumby:

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks it was a great deal at $3500 and delivered free from wasilla. i'm in north pole/ fbks area

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's a wrenching weekend

well fuel in the shop and it's warming up! so out to the shop and bronco 2 "Beau" is calling.

simonbrld

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
short pause in build picked up my new off roader ans wife is considering keeping it for her self.
Looking good, i can see why the wife wants to keep it for herself.

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sorry for the pause

well after a death in the family, an old friend passing away unexpectedly and now buying a new house 2500 square foot with 2 car garage and and 24 x 40 shop. builds on hold for a month. but i will be back at it soon i promise.

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
on hold just a little while longer

well it's been a while since I've done a post. well things were going good on new house .actually got new house and repairs were going along good till I feel of a latter and broke my heel. so hopefully a contractor will get house finished soon. also my friends in my local off road club Arctic Offroad will be helping getting tools and trucks moved in the next month. and since i'm on injured reserve list i'll get back on wife's B2 " Beau" soon. I also recently got 2 sets of ford d44 hp axles and 1 d44 hp heavy duty 3/4 ton. for next builds. can't wait to get back to wrenching.

artic alf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
little photo shop Exo-cage

a little photo shopping of almost identical B2 to the 1 i'm building for my wife

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals