• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

abs light on and at my wits end!

bort

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i wanted to make sure that i wasnt "that guy" and post something on here thats already been discussed. so i have searched high and low for the answer and come up short. if the answer is on here and i missed it and am "that guy" feel absolutely free to tell me so!

heres the problem: i'm getting an ABS light under hard acceleration that stays on till i turn the truck off and cycle the system.

its an 01 3.0 single cab with a 5 speed (m50d), the so called 4 wheel abs, 4.10 LS from an exploder, no i don't have cruise control, so it doesn't fall under the recall in which ford swears the systems aren't connected. no chips, scratches, or missing teeth from the tone rings, no faults or bad ohm readings from any of the sensors, and the system seems to be functioning just fine even with the light on.

yes i did the 31 spline exploder rear end swap. amazing! i love it. however in hind sight for the welding and angle setting and what not i did i should have put a 9in in it and got a disk kit for 40 bucks. i don't think this is the source of my problem though because i was getting the light before the swap just not as consistently. maybe i'm wrong though.

so... i've been searching for the mysterious orange/black wire that causes the light to blink out the TC but to no avail. any ideas; or is it not on the newer 4wheel ABS systems? ford wants 95 bucks for that little bit of information.
any ideas in general?
bad rear sensors on both axles? front sensor?
gear ratio change causing it? from 3.73 to 4.10
why only under hard acceleration?

any help would be greatly apperciated, and wishing of luck too. tomorrow she gets a new clutch master cylinder. unless i can find a way to make it a non ridiculous hydraulic system!!!:icon_welder:

Last edited:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It's not low fluid level by any chance?

bort

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i wish it was!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals