• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help

mstng_ray

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok here's my problem, just came from washing the truck. And on the way home it starting acting crazy. The ABS light came on and was flickering the stereo was cutting in and out, and the speedometer was boucing from 0-60. The truck drove home and once i got it in the driveway i shut it off. Started it right back up and took it for a drive around the block and it didn't do it. What the hell could it have been? I didn't wash the engine at all so it couldn't have been water in anything. Could it be in the ignition switch maybe ?
Someone give me some ideas please.

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
it sounds like you got water around some wires so I would check for any stripped wires grounding out against the frame or something else

jubangy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it sounds like you got water around some wires so I would check for any stripped wires grounding out against the frame or something else
I would check to see if maybe somehow water got down in behind the dash somehow. Kind of sounds like maybe water maybe leaked in possibly around the drivers door somewhere and got down into the dash somehow. Who knows, I have seen worse, I had a 94 cherokee that died and would not start because of the wires going into the drivers door.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals