• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slow Cranking

rsm5773

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 Bronco ii
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a motor that had been sitting for a 1 year. 2.8 out of a 85 ranger. spun over fine, had good compression, etc. This is all the parts that I installed before I set the engine in, I'm sure I forgot a bunch.
Ive done the duraspark conversion all new parts, oil pump, lashed the valves, new valve cover, oil pan gaskets, High Volume oil pump, water pump, radiator, hoses and so much more.

Went to spin it over for the first time spun over great and then slowed down like a dead battery but the motor got hard to turn even by hand. I removed the plugs and put 1/2 a can of PB blaster in the cylinders. I let it sit over night and the motor spun freely.

I guess it could of had a stuck ring or valve. I made a oil pump priming rod which I will prime the motor with a drill then try again.

I'm starting to feel i got screwed by the guy that sold me the motor.

Whats the odds on recovering this motor. It does spin free now and did when i got it but seams to get tough to turn after a little bit of trying to start it.

I primed the motor a little bit and had a small amount of oil on the rockers before the drill went up in smoke.

Any advice :icon_confused:

Thanks

Last edited:

rsm5773

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 Bronco ii
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I found out it was bad bearings

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals