• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door dinger with no dome light

b-rad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, ive been searching a bit, but cant seem to get an answer, so ill ask you all!

I have a 98 Ranger, 3.0 that i replaced the drivers door and now i get a dinger in 4 sets of 5 dings then stops. Does it again every 30min or so of driving and at every startup. The dome light does not come on with drivers door, but does come on with passenger door.
I have replaced the drivers door switch with a new one(old was jammed) but still have no luck. Im afraid the door harness may be wired wrong for the vehicle, but speaker works fine.

Can someone point me to an electrical diagram, and/or offer any suggestions?

THanks!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
sounds like airbag warning to me, is your airbag light working in the dash??, or check the connectors under the seats
when this happens, the door ajar light lits in the dash?? if it does, then your door is not closing properly, and when the truck inclines the door switch opens, maybe readjusting the door latch or spraying some wd-40 in the door latches

b-rad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The door light does not come on and the dome light does not come on regardless of the door position. I have replaced the door switch, and have begun checking wiring. There is no signal from the body harness.

As for airbags, there is no airbag light on, but i know that the vehicle was in an accident prior to my ownership and the pass side has been discharged. I would believe the airbag thing, except for the above issue of the domelight. Also, there was no dinger and the light worked prior to me replacing the door, which was bent in a driveway incident.

Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals