• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front Floorboards Wet

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have noticed lately that my floorboards are always WET. It's not the heater core. Has anyone else ran into this before?? My rubber mats are growing mold on the bottom and my carpet stinks of mold. Maybe a plugged up drain? My AC drain is draining under the Bronco.

Thanks!
Charles

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Well if it's never been clipped in the front end chances are it could be the door seals, or from the cowl vents in the by the windshield. Dirt and debris clog the drain holes and cause rust. I took the windshield wiper access plate off and clean mine out, it was full of years of crud. Also the sealant around the A/C inlet and heater lines may leak with the all the rain we've been having. 20 plus year old sealant tends to crack and you have to look for them. Hope that helps some.

little red ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does it have a third tail light behind the cab over the bed ??? they can leak,,, and there is a deal on the passenger side behind the heater stuff that can stop up with leaves and stuff but it would only make passenger side wet

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh! It's a Bronco II not a Ranger. I have cleaned out the cowl several times. How hard is it to clean the drains on the cowl?

Chaz.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
They don't have drains holes, at least mine didn't that I noticed. It just angles down from the center to the ends on either side and drains out. Mine were clogged with lots of debris. I just removed the wiper access plate, center of firewall, used a shop vac and compressed air till I got it all out and could see light at each end.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Mine had tiny holes in the sealer in the drip rails. Water would eventually find it's way to the floorboards.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals