• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fire!

jkkj

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am new to the ranger station, but not to Fords. I have a 92 mustang GT from back in the day that has ran many years on 14lsb of boost. I have a farm and decided to get a beater for a daily driver and chose a ranger.

I got a 1996 and started working to get rid of the check engine light. I went through all the normal issues. IAP, EVAC not putting suction on the gas tank, and was working throug the EGR system. It had been throwing a lean condition on both banks. So I put new intake gaskets on it and did an injector rebuild while I was there. I was not happy with the injector rebuild kit O rings because they seemed a little big , but worked with them and felt I was good to go. I had an O ring that evedently got pinched on the way back together and blew completely out. With that being said I had a very small fire. I noticed smoke, had an extiguisher handy and put it out probably in less than 30 seconds, but the wiring harness is damaged beyond repair.

I have been unable to source a wiring harness so I bought a doaner truck sight unseen that was suppose to be a 97 but ended up being a 98. I am working through the 98 wiring harness to make it work for my 96. I am working off of a 97 and 00 ecm pinouts that I have found, but if I had 96 and 98 pinout for the 104 ecm connector and the 42 pin connection I would feel much more confident in what I am doing. Can anyone help me find these? I have been searching for better than a week and bought a Haynes manual yesterday that doesn't have jack in it that I need.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Get on Ebay and look for EVTM's for both donor and donee trucks.

jkkj

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Outstanding! Done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals