• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 FX4 Exhaust sugestions

quick67coupe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi all, I haven't surfed the forums in a long time (10 years 15 maybe?) so please be patient. I have a 2002 Ranger FX4 that has pretty much been left stock for the last 15 years since i bought it new. I finally failed state inspection for a bad exhaust and need recommendations. 4.0 (as they all are) Manual Transmission (as they all should be :D) extended cab (i cant remember if all fx4 are that year or not). I drive off road maybe 10% of the time at most but must be street legal in VA and off-road friendly. I know I'll get a different opinion from everyone but please support your reasons with some facts. I have seen options ranging from about $200-$600 and would prefer to keep it in the $200-$300 ballpark. Thanks in advance

delaware74b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have the Dynomax 39315 kit on my '04. Single side exhaust like OEM. $200 on my doorstep and installed it myself. Good sound, not OEM quiet but not ricey-sounding. Drones a bit at higher rpm and speeds (70+ on interstates). Re-use the OEM rubber insulators if they're still good.

quick67coupe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I ended up putting a JBA exhaust on. Very easy to install and nice sound in the 2000 rpm range. The only thing I was not happy with was the box it shipped in was really really rough. the muffler ended up falling out of the box when I received it. That in itself is not a huge deal, but when the muffler slid out of the box it landed in such a way that the inlet went out of round which slowed down the install a little. Nothing big but slightly annoying. Otherwise a good experience with a nice sounding good quality exhaust.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals