• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89-97 lowering I Beam no swaybar bolt hole?

rab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
merkur
Transmission
Manual
i have a set of 89-97 lowering i beams they are belltech or a nother company im not sure as i bought them used, they are not the djm cause mine are not round.
Well i want to add a front swaybar, but there is no bolt hole to mount the swaybar bracket to (((the hole on the front side of the beam))).

Now,my truck is 83 2wd, i have the 89-up lowering beams,95 spindles and brakes,etc, my 83 ranger did not have a swaybar stock.I took a front swaybar and all the brackets from a 91 2wd 3.0 5speed truck i parted out and have a nother bar from a 91 4wd 2.9 auto, just the bar.

So now to my questions.
can anyone tell me what beams i have, as i have found out there where a few companys that made them, Belltech,Western Chassis,Rancho,maybe even a nother company im not listing? (the only reference i have right now is there is not bolt hole for the swaybar and they are not round like the DJM ones.

Should I just drill and tap a hole in the front of the beam to hold the swaybar bracket on? or go with maybe a 4x4 swaybar bracket which looks to bolt on the beam thru the big bolt that holds the radius arm? or maybe there is a nother bracket that will work?

rab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
merkur
Transmission
Manual
i will try to post some pics tonight.

rab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
merkur
Transmission
Manual
Here's the pics of the beams I have.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals