• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4 or 6 inch kit

HondaEater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted some opinions from the members on the forum about which SkyJacker kit I should purchase. Rig is an 88 X-Cab with Dual tank option. I'm currently on a 3 inch body lift and 33" KM1s. I plan on running 35" MTRs on 15x8 Soft 8s. My 2.9 is freshly rebuilt with 6k on it and I'm going to be running d35/8.8 locked & 5.13s. Did a lot of searching but didn't find many first gens with the 6 inch lift kit. I'll be purchasing the kit from James Oaks this week so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you want it to flex any get kit with extended radius arms

HondaEater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9
Transmission
Manual
I planned on it. I just don't know if i should do 4 or 6 inches of suspension lift. The prices are virtually the same but if 9 inches of lift (6" suspension & 3" body) will make 35s look small and unproportional to the truck then I'll go with the 4 inch kit. I was planned on the 6" Class 2 kit with extended radius arms though.

HondaEater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have a 1st gen with 6" suspension 3" body lift and 35s that could provide a picture?

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Mine is only a 4" with 2" BL.....

Front has Glassworks fiberglass fenders (3" cutout. 3" flair) rear is cut. The tires would get into the fender when it flexed out.
My explorer has a 4" with 3" BL.....

fronts are trimmed just a little on the backside, nothing done to the rear. I dont have to much rubbing issues except on the front radius arms (tight turns)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals