• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Okay, Now I've Gone Crazy!!!!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
So, here's the story, I've been riding bus 29 for the last 3 years, since 4 years ago, I've been eyeballing a 70's Bronco in a falling garage, and for the 3 years on bus 29, I had passed it 5 days a week on the way to school.

So, here I am, the weekend after graduation, I was with Jason checking out junkyards and used car lots for the hell of it, checking out old cars and trucks in the weeds. We pass by the house with the garage and the Bronco. Jason and I pull in and I find the owner, he was a friend of my farms old owner, and his family. He grew up in the area, lived alone, and such a story, he is a good guy.

He bought this Bronco for $115 like 15 years ago, running and everything, but he had it for his grandson, but he hadn't come back for it in 5 or 6 years. So we walk around and talk about it, and I ask him how much he wanted for it, he told me $50. After a little talking, he said he was going to grab me the title from his neighbor, and we could work out the paperwork. I also said I'd help him around his farm since he has very bad breathing problems.

Little rust, solid frame, 400hp original engine, good.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I talked to the guy for a good 2 or 3 hours about life and experiences, and he said he might make me a more generous offer because I offered to help him if he needed it around his farm.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Neat, 400M you mean?
Sure, he just said it was 400, didnt ask much after that. Its just a nice fixer upper I can make a sunday driver or something with dad. Plus, I got almost $100 for my graduation. A truck I've always wanted, on top of being something I've drooled at for years, and for under what I got, and he might go cheaper cause I offered to help him before I even got a price.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Dude, you have been riding the Short Bus!!! The only Bronco I will ever buy again is an early Bronco 75-76. I had three of them and I had one of the next Gens ('79) that was a total waste of time. I bought it with low miles on it from the original owner. It cost me money every time I started it up and drove it anywhere. Stay away from that thing, Bro. Just want you to know it is not want you want.....money pit from Hell!!!! Just be careful!!!

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
You're getting it for $50 bucks and some work, don't you think it would be wrong to try and get it for less?

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
he told me he would be more generous, he told me this, I quote it too: "I would rather see it being used, than see it being towed to a junkyard 30 years from now as a rusted heap".

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Dude, you have been riding the Short Bus!!! The only Bronco I will ever buy again is an early Bronco 75-76. I had three of them and I had one of the next Gens ('79) that was a total waste of time. I bought it with low miles on it from the original owner. It cost me money every time I started it up and drove it anywhere. Stay away from that thing, Bro. Just want you to know it is not want you want.....money pit from Hell!!!! Just be careful!!!
I'm sure you have. I am sure since you have owned it and that you had problems with that vehicle that it is a crap vehicle. I swear, every other post I read from you is general BS.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I'm sure you have. I am sure since you have owned it and that you had problems with that vehicle that it is a crap vehicle. I swear, every other post I read from you is general BS.
Play nice girls....

Im just seeing this as a replacement for the One Eye'd Beast, cause this one is solid and has potential. I have a buyer for the Ranger already, $25 to a buddy that will use it to fix his Bronco II. He pissed his pants when I offered it to him that cheap, he thought I wanted a few hundred. Dad wants it gone anyways.

My other plan was a Ranger that needed the parts from the One Eyed beast to run, its an auto 4wd single cab 85, no rust, but sat for like 4 or 5 years in mud. adsm08 and I went to see it a while back.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I'm just stating the obvious...

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I'm just stating the obvious...
Some other thread please, there is a reason I did not respond to it, its obvious these trucks (Broncos in general) were not designed to be good on gas, or good at keeping together, they were a work truck shoved into an SUV with a removable top.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Some other thread please, there is a reason I did not respond to it, its obvious these trucks (Broncos in general) were not designed to be good on gas, or good at keeping together, they were a work truck shoved into an SUV with a removable top.
Its the Internet. Clogging up threads with fallacies is a shame for a site like this. Although, I should expect that, being that it is the internet, lol. And good at staying together, as a utility based vehicle it should be designed to keep together and perform the tasks at hand.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
kip, dont listen to him^
78-79 broncos are pure BADASS-ery. the years when a truck was actually a truck. straight axle and big block, what else could you ask for? im a huge enthusiast for 78-79 broncos (73-79f150s too) so if you need any help, pm me!

and i want that grill for my 79! its awesome

RDR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
well for 50bucks even it turns out to be more trouble then its worth you can still scrap it and make money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals