• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

post your work pictures

dirttrackracer

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i haven't seen a thread that has what people do to make money and some pictures, so if you want post some work pictures of current or past or whatever work. im curious to see what everybody does (pictures)

i work at a limo company
tomorrow we have to pout this beast back together. the turbo seized up for some reason and the ac pump was bad.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
thatta super duty? i really dont know by the motors, im going by the frame horn lol

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Wiring harness I made.

Solder dipping some boards.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
work for our family owned construction company. every day is something different, spend alot of time way up in the air and alot of time digging and in big hole's. somedays it sucks ass and other days its pretty fun.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, I like this idea. I work for a general contractor building and installing cabinets and also installing windows and doors. Among other things.

I painted and helped build and install this built in entertainment center

I built, stained and finished this pendant. It goes on the ceiling and two lights hand above a bar from it. It matches the existing cabinets we built and installed.

I built and installed these two cabinets

We removed the old doors, ordered and painted new ones, and painted the facecframes in this kitchen.

Granite was installed yesterday.

I didn't build this one, but I stained finished and assembled this bath vanity.

There's another that I built that's not quite done that goes with it. They both go in the house with the pendant above.

willievhook

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry for all the crappy cell phone pictures, but, I'm a rigging slinger for a logging outfit.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Last edited:

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
well...i guess i got a lucky guess... if you ask me thats a pretty good guess by going off a bumper mount

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic

i drive a beer truck and get to build stuff like this all day. btw that is 150 cases 120 cases of 30 pk busch and light and 30 cases of bud/bud light

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
I chase shutdowns and turnarounds at refineries. (I travel quite a bit.)

Night time shot off of a vacuum tower at the refinery.

Daytime shot off of same vacuum tower.

Some one forgot to put a blind in the line on a blowdown drum and had the flare stacks at the refinery were working overtime... The fire was in the unit in the above pic just on a different day.

As of right now I'm currently unemployed (laid off) And hope to be going back to work for a contractor overseas

Last edited:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I work at Papa Murphys........:annoyed:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not allowed to take pictures at work. Hell can't have a cell phone at all past the parking lot. But I've taken one or two pics anyways LOL. I'll half to see where I put them. I'll half to see what the web site has too.

I do have some from my last job.

Last edited:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Ok. I used to work for Honda of America at a company called Midwest Express Inc. It's owned By Honda but under a different name for tax reasons. We housed and shipped parts to honda as needed.

They used to have a motor cycle plant here too but they closed it down and moved a motorcycle assembly to Japan they would build the bikes at Honda then ship them to us for packaging and shipping once they left us they would go streight to dealerships.

This is what they looked like when being shipped.

Some of the last american built Goldwings waiting to be shipped out.

Heres some rear hatch windows for the Honda Crosstour.

Here my truck I drove for three years have some good time in her. LOL The racks behind the lift hold the full exhaust for either the CRV or the Element from the down pipe back. If you look closly there is another lift in the background with brown racks by it those racks hold the drive shafts for the 4wd CRVs or Elements. All the little grey containers are ramndom small stuff.

A bad day for a yard driver I got to be one of the lucky one to stay over and clean up this mess cause i could drive fork lift. Yay!

Here is 15 CRV rear ends I made junk. I was trying to stack a rack of 15 on top of another rack of 15 and the bottom rack was bent and they wouldn't lock into place so I tried to back up with the top rack and the racks stuck together and the rack slid off my forks and flipped they went everywhere and was leaking gear oil. I though I was going to get wrote up but it got blamed on the supplier for the shipment of damaged racks.

Heres the quality hold tag and price of damaged parts. Thats $308.55 each with a total of $4,628.25:shok:

This is a "KIT" line I worked on when I wasn't driving fork lift. We took door parts and put them together in a kit ready to assemble at Honda i was the third person on the line My job was to put in the passengerside mirror, driver side door handle, door catcher, inner mirror cover, inner door handle, and weather strip.

Kit without my parts

Kit after I put parts in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok new job. I work at AGC automotive America I make auto glass for every major car company you can think of.

This is the only pic of I have. No picture taking is allowed inside. It's a picture of one of the prototype racks for the 2012 Ford Focus which we are now in full production as of febuary I took this sometime last november-ish.

That all I can show ya sorry. Best Job I've ever had!

Heres or main customers list.

http://www.agc-automotive.com/english/outline/cs.html

The department I work in makes this protuct.

http://www.agc-automotive.com/english/products/maw.html

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Here is an article that Lincoln Electric did on us.
And a couple pics of my robot.
My official job title varies from day to day, sometimes it's Shop Bitch, others it's Automated Welding System Engineer, but most of the time it's Welder/Fabricator.

TRUCK EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER MOVES TO ROBOTIC WELDING

As the big rig and light truck markets have continued to expand, so has demand for Taylor Wings' products. For nearly 30 years, the truck equipment manufacturer has fabricated truck wings, toolboxes, fuel tanks and other accessories for the Class 8 truck market, for manufacturers such as Peterbilt, Kenworth and International.

In the late 1990s, Taylor Wings expanded into the light-duty truck and RV market with similar offerings. With the increased demand, the company, operating out of a 30,000 square-foot facility, found itself running three shifts a day, nearly seven days a week just to keep up with customer orders. Just keeping up wasn't enough for this family-owned firm. It wanted to expand its current business as well as be able to bid for new contracts. So the company took a hard look at its operations and made two major decisions - build a new, larger facility and move to robotic welding.

Robotic welding has allowed Taylor Wings to better compete both domestically and internationally. In many cases, robotic welding has given Taylor Wings the edge it needed to prevail and win new contracts.

The Move to Robotic Welding
During the review of the company's operations, John Taylor, who oversees the firm's sales and marketing efforts and is involved with operational decisions, worked with his team to determine what improvements could be made to their existing weld shop.

"When it came down to it, what we really needed was a second weld shop, but current space wouldn't allow for that, and we were more than a year away from being able to move into our new facility," Taylor said.

At this point, Taylor began talking to a couple of manufacturers about what robotic welding options were on the market. While there were a number of viable products, he found that only Lincoln Electric® sales team members Kevin Korabik and Chuck Murray, supported by Shawn Paz from Fresno, California, and distributor Barnes Welding Supply, were willing to spend time with his guys, ask the right questions, learn the company's processes and demonstrate the machine.

"They weren't focused on just selling us a machine, they were focused on selling us a solution," Taylor explained. "First they asked a lot of questions and then made sure they understood how we work, what we needed and which welds would benefit most from robotic welding. "After numerous demos, tweaking of weld processes and materials and answering all of our questions, we bought a Lincoln robotic system and power source," Taylor said. "This purchase has allowed us to drastically increase production in our current, limited space."

Taylor Wings purchased and installed a Lincoln System 55, a dual station, dual servo driven positioning robotic welding cell. It is partnered with a Lincoln Power Wave® 455M, a high performance, digitally controlled inverter power source with Waveform Control Technology® specifically designed for robotic, hard automation and semiautomatic applications. With the System 55, the company has a modular, multi-process weld system that offers the flexibility to arrange the system in a variety of ways for optimum, customized performance and easy maintenance.

Three Taylor Wings' staff members traveled to Lincoln Electric's Cleveland headquarters for extensive product training on the robotic cell. "Since we're welding on both aluminum and steel and frequently switching back and forth between the materials, as well as different products, it was critical our team members were ready to go on day one," Taylor stated. "The training gave them a solid foundation, and we found that after the training, programming the robot for individual jobs was easy. This significantly reduced our amount of downtime as we switched jobs over to the robot."

The company also added Lincoln's proprietary STT® or Surface Tension Transfer waveform process. STT® is ideal for applications in which heat input control, minimal distortion, and reduced spatter are essential. While it is using the STT® process to weld the toolbox doors, Taylor Wings uses RapidArc®, a high-speed MIG welding waveform process to weld the toolbox door stiffeners and hinges. RapidArc® allows for faster travel speeds, out-of-position operation, low heat input and low spatter levels. With these processes, Taylor Wings was able to prevent the burnthrough that commonly occurs when welding thin materials.

Taylor Wings is using the System 55 to weld both steel and aluminum products, which the company sells through wholesalers, a national dealer network and outfitting stores. After only six months in operation, the robot has tripled production on steel products and doubled it on aluminum applications, which require more preparation time than steel.

Robot Equals Increased Productivity, Greater Flexibility
Currently, the robot is primarily being used for steel, but the company is also using it for work on aluminum fuel tanks two days a week. Taylor pointed out that the System 55 allows his team to easily switch between steel and aluminum applications - whereas before they had dedicated welders doing hand work on one material or the other.

"Prior to the robot, we often experienced a bottleneck at the weld stage. That is no longer the case. It's now one of the fastest, most efficient steps in our operations," he added.

On the steel toolboxes, the company is using Lincoln Electric® MIG wire and a majority of the parts are being tacked and fed to the robot. The doors are 100 percent welded by the robot, including on the door corners using STT® and for the door stiffeners and stainless steel hinges using the RapidArc® process.

Previously, the welders would spend 45 minutes tacking an entire toolbox. The robot has shaved 25 minutes off the tacking time. The toolboxes are constructed from 14- through 20- gauge steel sheets. They are cut to size, bent and formed by the press break, tacked and welded. The welding on the larger toolboxes now takes 16 minutes from start to finish, allowing four an hour to be completed. The smaller boxes are now produced every six minutes, or up to nine boxes per hour. After the welding stage is complete, the toolboxes go through an acid wash and powder coat finishing process, providing a durable, high-quality finish that stands up to the elements.

For the aluminum fuel tanks, the run time is now 12 minutes with the robot, versus an hour and 15 minutes when done by hand.

"We are producing now in a 10-hour shift what it used to take us up to two weeks to fabricate," Taylor said. "Another tangible comparison for us is that before the robot, I had one fulltime employee just welding toolbox doors."

Taylor Wings has also taken advantage of Lincoln's PowerWaveSoftware.com, a web site which allows customers access to free online downloadable software updates, the latest information on improvements and capabilities and instant access to welding procedure guides.

With the purchase of the Lincoln System 55, Taylor Wings was able to eliminate an entire shift.

"With the robot, we're operating on one less shift and five days a week, versus three shifts and often seven days a week previously," Taylor stated. "We're now able to take on more work and bigger projects when needed, without overworking our team."

Taylor Wings anxiously waits for the time when it can move into its new space, which will encompass 110,000 square feet with plans to initially occupy 75,000 square feet and leave 35,000 for future growth. It also plans to purchase a second robotic cell for the new facility. But until then, the firm is in a great position and has been able to successfully expand its capabilities, keep up with customer demand and win new business - all while improving the quality of its products.

-Jester

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals