• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

glass pack

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys, i just put a cherry bomb glass pack on my ranger and it sounds stock maybe alittle better what did i do wrong or is that the best it is gonna sound.
thanks
ryan

thoughtcriminal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 (until it breaks anyway)
Transmission
Manual
its a 6 cylinder. how good can it sound?

try turning it around. Cherry bombs are supposed to be reversible though, so I don't know that it will make a difference.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea it is a 4.0 i know its not gonna sound reat but i thought it would be better than that..some one told me you have to break the fiberglass in side by puring some lighter fluid and lighting it on fire then putting it out.is that true.im not sure what to do.is the one i bought to long it was a little longer than my stock muffler

07rangersport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Are you sure that you didn't replace a resonator?? And if you get that thing hot and then pour water in it all the glass and fibreglass will break and eventually fall out.

thoughtcriminal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea it is a 4.0 i know its not gonna sound reat but i thought it would be better than that..some one told me you have to break the fiberglass in side by puring some lighter fluid and lighting it on fire then putting it out.is that true.im not sure what to do.is the one i bought to long it was a little longer than my stock muffler
I really wouldn't dick around with the lighter fluid. Never heard anything of the sort and sounds pretty shifty.
You would be better off "breaking in" the fiberglass properly, by driving it around.

I can't see how it would be too long.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
okthanks for all the replys guys..this website rock,so do i want to breakt the glassby oouring water into it or no.and so what u are telling me is if i let it get hot and drive it round for a while it will get louder.
thanks guys
ryan

thoughtcriminal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
breaking the glass with water will also do nothing good for you and make it impossible to get inspected, not to mention ruining your muffler.

I don't know that driving it around will make it louder for sure, but if it needs breaking in, thats the better way to do it

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok i will try getting it hot and let it cool down and see how it sounds.i was watching videos and everyones glasspacks sound allot louder and better than mine does i hope this is what it is,becasue i am not sure what else to do..

and what does he mean by resonator,im confused,please explain
thanks
ryan

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have the same thing you got buddy and trust me it dont really sound that great ive had mine on since around december and it dont really break in much. i personally think it sounds a lil bit better after i been drivin around all day and its all hot and whatnot but it dont really sound to great thats why im gettin true dual magnaflows put on next week :thumbsup:

07rangersport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wasn't actually saying to dump water down it; just that, that is how I have been told to do it. And a resonator looks kinda like a muffler but is smaller, it takes the 'resonance' out of the exhaust. glasspacks are strait through, so I don't see how it could NOT be louder... unless the muffler is still on. Just drive it. It will probably get louder with time.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l (For now.....)
Transmission
Manual
i got duel glasspacks on my truck, and they are loud as shit. the dont sound that great, but there pretty loud, and thats on a 2.8. my buddy with a 4.0 ranger has duel flowmasters and it sounds pretty damn good to be a v6

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok guys hers the deal.i let it idle for a while reved it up and now it sounds good so all it neded was to be broken in.i will have a video up asap.
thanks for all the help
ryan

joeydeluxe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
just chop the cats out it ill be loud then they muffle the sound so much

Rammunition360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have thrush glasspacks on my dodge...and people say that if you get them or cherry bombs hot then spray water up your exhaust with a hose it "blows them out"...now i have seen it done on a straight piped z71 with them and yes it did get louder, but if your gonna do that just straight pipe it haha, but i would suggest leaving them on cause when i had straight pipes my truck was a turd

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glasspacks with the cats is pretty quiet. I have Thrushes with the cats on my F-150 and I love it. Sound really hasn't changed from when I had them put on a year ago though, I don't think there is much "breaking in" for them to do. I have noticed that on really long drives or while pulling a trailer when my exhaust gets hot it does get louder, but after it cools down it is back the same as ever.

A glasspack with no cats on anything less than a 8 cylinder sounds like a ricer, I had one on my Ranger for awhile... and I am not going back.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals