• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Malfunctioning Turn Signals

Z.Byers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Here's my issue:

A few days ago when I was driving my '94 Ranger 4x4, the turn signals stopped working. I checked them out when I returned home and here is what's going on:

When headlights are off:

-Turning on left turn signal, All signals flash, including license plate lamps and dash lights. Left signal indicator on dash works as if they're on correctly
-Turning on right turn signal, functions just fine.
-Turning on Hazards, all four flash, including dash and license plate lamps.

When headlights are on:

-Turning on left turn signal, No flash from any of them, drivers front gets a little brighter, as well. Left indicator on dash stay solid.
-Turning on right turn signal, works correctly.
-Turning on Hazards, no flash from any of them, but fronts gets brighter. Indicators bulbs on the dash stay solid.

There were aftermarket LED taillights installed when I purchased it, and Halo Projector Headlights. I removed LED tails and used a normal bulb, and no changes in the above. I switched bulbs out of all four turn signals and nothing changed, as well. The projectors are not hooked in, nor are any other accessories.
It does have a towing package, and all wires there are properly connected. I also checked all fuses and none are blown. When I replaced a signal fuse with a higher amperage one, they functioned fine for a little bit, but now they are back to the above.
I also replaced one of the flasher, I need to pick up another and see if hopefully it's just one of those, but I don't believe that is the issue.

I know the next logical thing to do would be trace the grounds and see if any are shorted out, but I'm not very electrically inclined nor do I have a Voltmeter, so I am looking for another possible option

I am truly baffled as to what the issue may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Zack

Z.Byers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Solved the issue, the harness for the trailer wiring was bad. Pulled it off and all is good again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals