• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Show Us How Your Lights Are Mounted!

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys!

So an 04' Ranger Edge just joined my 90' Bronco II in the driveway, and one of the first things I'd like to do is add auxiliary lighting. Being that the front end on the Ranger is completely different from my Bronco, I'm looking for new ways to do this. I've searched, and can't find much in the way of a thread geared towards light bars/mounting.

So I'm providing everyone with the opportunity to show off their trucks by showing us how you mounted your lights! I like a good clean install on my vehicles, so the cleaner the better! :headbang:

I'll start by showing how I mounted the lights on my Bronco II. I did this about 4 years ago, but I cut the grill of my truck and recessed my HID converted Hella 700's into the grill. Brackets to hold the lights were made out of 1/4" thick by 1 1/2" wide steel strips, and bolted to each frame rail. The HID ballasts were then attached to the back of the brackets on each side.

This is how they're recessed into the grill...

Here's what it looked like when done.

And here they are at night!

By the way, here's the Ranger I specifically need mounting ideas for!

Even if your truck is not the exact same as mine, feel free to post anyway, just to help others out who might be looking! I know there are a few bumper mounts available, push bars with light tabs, probably some bed mounted roll bars with light mounts... Anyone mounted lights behind the grill on a late model Ranger??

Attachments

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I mounted my lights in a Zenon air dam. There are a lot of different aftermarket air dams for Rangers and many of them have light openings.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's how I used to have my square ones mounted

There's two bolts behind the bumper that can be used to bolt tabs on there is a thread somewhere about it.

And my current front lights are hood mounted. Kinda.

Bought mounts off another ranger forum. You have to pull the fender back to get access. But they're decent. Not very sturdy. Lights vibrate quite a bit but they work.
The lights themselves are awesome.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hard to see what grill you have from that angle, but the shape is a newer model, like mine, and this is how I have mine mounted.

the mounts are 2, 4" long pieces of 6x2" tube steel, I think 1/8" wall, they gave almost the perfect hight, sitting on top of the thing that's in there, I forget the name of it at the moment.

the lights are IPF 968's, seen here, the inner square reflector works as a spot, where as the outer round reflector has a flood pattern, it works VERY well, and has an awesome beam pattern.

IIRC, they run about 200$ around here, and are made in australia

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.

Skid plate on front and roll bar in rear.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals