• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CB/PA/antenna

FCguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95'
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Im looking to put a CB setup in my truck and was looking for recommendations.

I need the radio and antenna of course but I also need a PA for other work ... so if someone knows of one of those as well please let me know.

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
cobra 19 ltd little wilson antenna, radio shack outdoor loud speaker

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Most decent CB radios will have a PA feature on them. It usually just takes flipping a switch or pushing a button to switch from CD to PA. Then all you need is a weatherproof speaker in the grill or under the hood and the PA portion is done.

The antenna can be harder to place and get a good SWR reading for CB use.

FCguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95'
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Most decent CB radios will have a PA feature on them. It usually just takes flipping a switch or pushing a button to switch from CD to PA.
Oh, I know. Im asking if anyone knows of any good loud-speakers. Im aware that "PA" would only be a feature of a CB radio speaker selection.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Radio shack (The Source by CC in Canada) usually has good ones. Any truck stop will most likely have them, as well, any transport truck parts shop should have them too.

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
One of my buddies has a PA in his truck, he got a speaker from West Marine for $15. Its nice and loud, smaller then the Radio shack ones and i figure if they sell it at a marine store where it would go on a boat with salt water and everything it should be fine on a truck.

He has the "A" speaker on this page
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/60810/377%20710/0/loud%20speaker/Secondary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710&Ne=0&Ntt=loud%20speaker&Ntk=Secondary%20Search&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=loud%20speaker&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5003&subdeptNum=3&classNum=437

Last edited:

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6 durasparked holley 350
Transmission
Manual
i have the cobra cb works great an a radio shack 102" whip you get great reception my pa speaker is mounted on my roll bar an i got it from radio shack for 15$ but i dont recommend it, it worked great for a while but they fall apart easily.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals