• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Do 3.0 Rangers have dirty injector problems?

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bought a 2004 White Lightning with 34,000 showing, almost factory stock. Borla exhaust, ARE bed cover with full Bedrug including under the cover.

Ranger is now history. :headbang:
I am now a renewed member of the National Lightning Owners Association (NLOC).

ADIOS!

Last edited:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
BFD, just another truck for you to ruin

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
BFD, just another truck for you to ruin
I did not ruin the Ranger, it still runs great to this day. As long as I remember to put the fuel injector cleaner in the tank it starts every time. I forgot once and it refused to start the next morning. So I'll just keep a supply of Berryman's B12 and keep it in the tank. At least by replacing all the sensors, the pinging has now stopped. I have 89 in the tank now and it runs with no ping. Has not done that for a few years.

The weather is bad out here and I need a beater truck to drive so my new LIGHTNING stays clean.:icon_thumby:

This is what it looked like the day I bought it.

Last edited:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Did you buy that from that Dealer. what a sap you are . they have it all toned up and prob charged you a fortune.......i never understand why anyone buys a used vehicle from a dealer........it is one of the greatest legal scams in this country.......

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did you buy that from that Dealer. what a sap you are . they have it all toned up and prob charged you a fortune.......i never understand why anyone buys a used vehicle from a dealer........it is one of the greatest legal scams in this country.......
It was bought for several hundred dollars under Kelley Blue Book value. Has full Bedrug under the ARE cover, including the underside of the cover. Factory stock with the exception of a Borla exhaust. Full notebook full of documents for all service, and everything the original owner did to the truck, including $1000 for new tires in July 09.

The dealer had the truck for less than a week when I bought it. They did not even change the oil on it as the owner had put new oil and plugs in prior to trading it in, receipts in the book.

I do not feel like a SAP at all. Feel quite pleased with the deal. Got 4 years free service on the truck as part of the deal, just because it is a Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) vehicle.

Who's a sap?

And I still got the old Ranger to drive when the weather is bad, such as snow, or hail. Its going to be my beater truck now. Salt on the road, drive the ranger. Hail coming down, drive the ranger.

Last edited:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
As noted earlier you are a sap.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As noted earlier you are a sap.
And as noted on the NLOC forum (National Lightning Owners Club), I got a good deal. That is what everyone there has told me, and I'll go with that. This is my second Lightning, my first was a 2000. And the mileage is almost exactly what my first had when I was forced to sell it due to a layoff. So I have taken over where I left off, felt right to me. This was a one owner vehicle and taken care of to the Nth degree.

I have always been a fan of the Ford Lightning, even the first generation style with the 351. It is a factory built hotrod truck. To get one this clean for the price I got it is rare, I took the opportunity while it existed.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals