• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New PC

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
After 4 years the life of my poor gaming laptop has come to an end. It's dying and pretty much is outdated.
So, I decided to build my dream pc. It's not a monster but its got some serious power.
It's not quite done but here's some specifications on it.
760T Black Case
MSI Z97A Gaming 7
i7-4790k OC @ 4.4Ghz
16GB DDR3 1866Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws
GTX 970 Twin Frozr V (getting it soon)
240GB PNY SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda (not here yet)
H100i Cooler
CX850M Bronze PSU
Asus Optical Drive
NZXT Hue Lighting Controller (getting it saturday)
(x3) SF140 Red Led
(x1) SF120 Red Led
(x2) SP120 (H100i)
HyperX Cloud II (not here yet)
EVGA Torq X10 Carbon Mouse
Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds
(still looking around for a 144hz monitor)

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Sounds impressive! With the exception of a few stray acronyms that make sense to me still, there are plenty of new acronyms that make a computer sound both awesome and intimidating at the same time...

Now...I guess the main question left is...how much would this cost to buy already assembled in a store and how much would/could you save by plugging in the pieces yourself?

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Sounds impressive! With the exception of a few stray acronyms that make sense to me still, there are plenty of new acronyms that make a computer sound both awesome and intimidating at the same time...

Now...I guess the main question left is...how much would this cost to buy already assembled in a store and how much would/could you save by plugging in the pieces yourself?
Much cheaper, stores charge out the wazoo for labor and take up to 7 days to build you system. You can build it in like 30 mins.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice setup. Never liked MSI motherboards though. I would have gone with a ASUS. But that's just my preference.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Much cheaper, stores charge out the wazoo for labor and take up to 7 days to build you system. You can build it in like 30 mins.
Oh, yeah, I know they charge too much...I used to build computers for myself and others so I'm familiar with putting them together...but when I was building them companies like MDG in Canada started selling systems for less than I could to just build a box with good parts in it...

So...we've come around full circle...good...I might need to build another one...my old Dell Optiplex GX520 is getting slow...as long as I keep blowing the dust out it works fine though...

So...pics would be nice...I actually like seeing those water cooled see-through boxes with the sexy lights (sounds like a strip club act)...but that's ok if you don't have one of those...:icon_thumby:

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the pics...maybe they weren't there the first time I looked into this...nice lights...nice see-through box...do they flash red/blue or is that just a camera effect???

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Oh, yeah, I know they charge too much...I used to build computers for myself and others so I'm familiar with putting them together...but when I was building them companies like MDG in Canada started selling systems for less than I could to just build a box with good parts in it...

So...we've come around full circle...good...I might need to build another one...my old Dell Optiplex GX520 is getting slow...as long as I keep blowing the dust out it works fine though...

So...pics would be nice...I actually like seeing those water cooled see-through boxes with the sexy lights (sounds like a strip club act)...but that's ok if you don't have one of those...:icon_thumby:

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the pics...maybe they weren't there the first time I looked into this...nice lights...nice see-through box...do they flash red/blue or is that just a camera effect???
It's RGB, you can adjust it any color you could ever want. I think the camera doesn't give it the proper view, but they can flash and pulse, or do a neon multicolored party. I just got my new headset today and my 2TB HDD and am formatting it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals