• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

351 pics

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
does anyone have any pics of the engine bay?? prefered early 90s rangers. from the front and top would really help. i need the sides more then anything. im trying to get an idea of where to stuff a few turbos.

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good luck, If you would use say fox body exhaust manifolds, flipped around you could probably do it

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
my headers are going to be custom made to handle 4 t3s so anything stock wont work. its crazy i know but its gonna be bad azz when im done. i recently moved and dont have a garage so its kinda hard to start my build untill i get into a house with a garage. so for now its desktop building hence why i need the pics.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
It'll be tuff to fit 4 turbos and a 351 in that engine bay...

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
You won't have any room in the rear of the engine bay, it is guranteed to be in the front but that's even tight. You might have to use only two or place them under the truck and run longer boost tubes and such. I'll look to see if I have any recent pics on my computer.

Matt

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
what im hoping to do is replace the brake booster with one from a mustang and completely remove the heater box in hopes of making as much room as possiable basically anything that doesnt need to be there isnt going to be. i know its gonna be tough but so is running a dual sequention turbo setup, my dreams are high but thats what makes it fun.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Here are some pics. A few things have changed in there since these were taken but that can get you a ballpark idea. This is with a 3in body lift.

Matt

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
thanks very much matt these were the kind of photos i was hopeing to get. from what i can see the biggest problem is going to be the drivers side and that stupid steering shaft..lol who really uses those. hmmm... maybe i can find a way to reroute it or something who knows. how did the zf hold up behind the 396??

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
The ZF holds up ok. I'm still waiting to hear it explode; this engine really is a little too powerful for it. When I can get the truck to actually hook it will pull the left front about a foot off the ground, when it doesn't hook it will spin the tires though 3rd gear. I like having a 5 speed but I miss the super fast shifts my C4 had. Don't miss blowing it up all the time though. A C6 is the way to go if you are making big power.

Matt

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
To gain some extra room with that steering shaft, some dude over @ rangerpowersports.com put a 4.6 in a ranger and i believe he moved the steering shaft outside of the frame using some nissan parts or something of that sort, if you go poke around you'll probably find the thread... I wanna see some pics of this build then :)

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully the build will be underway soon but it seems all my plans fell threw when i moved so im looking for garage and a truck but most of the plans are done just throwin a few ideas around and trying to work out a few efi things. the motor will be a 351 stoked and bored to 427 most likly c6 and 9in rear narrowed to be slighlty skinnier then stock. dual sequential turbo setup using the t30s. gutted but only as much as i can and still look stock. :) going for the sleeper of the year award..lol:)

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like one hell of a build. I'm waiting to see it.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
and i believe he moved the steering shaft outside of the frame using some nissan parts or something of that sort, if you go poke around you'll probably find the thread... I wanna see some pics of this build then :)
you need to talk to 281 ranger. he is the guy with the 4.6. he used all ford parts iirc.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
He used the the stuff from the donor car if I remember right. I want to say it was a lincoln mark III. Most likely with the turbo stuff you will have to shoot the exhaust to the front, that will solve the steering shaft problems for the most part. From there run the exhuast over the frame and out toward the rear. I'm sure it will involve some creative thinking.

Matt

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
this is gonna be an endever thats gonna be lots of fun. ill keep everyon posted hopefully if everything goes right soon after the holidays ill start the tear down then its just a build up from there. thanks for all the info and the help guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals