• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kormex transmission?

FFChuck

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
In my opinion, you get what you pay for. A 6mo warranty on a $2k+ transmission is pathetic, at least with the $2k I paid for the rebuilt transmission at AAMCO for my 88 Bronco 2 I got an 18 month warranty. I've never heard of Kormex, sounds like a seller that gets used stuff and cleans it up to make it look pretty and hopes it'll survive the warranty period before it blows up. I'd spend the money and get one at a shop...the $2k I spent was AAMCO doing all the work, Remove, rebuild, reinstall, test, and warranty. I had an issue with mine right after leaving, brought it back the next day and they easily corrected the issue in the valve body, and its been almost 2 years now and haven't had any other issues.

Had a 93 Ranger with the same tranny that's in my 88 Bronco 2 which was rebuilt by a different transmission shop (who is no longer in business) and it didn't even last 12,000 miles, made it slightly out of warranty by 1 month (it had a 1 year warranty) and it blew up again luckily in the driveway this time...and they charged about $150 less than AAMCO and obviously used the same cheap parts as OEM and never did any updates and heavy duty parts. AAMCO I guess does all updates on their rebuilds and uses heavier duty parts as to not repeat the failures that a certain transmission may be prone to fail at.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Automatics just do automatic things.

Manuals can have guys jamming gears, shifting with no clutch etc. much easier to outright abuse.

FFChuck

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Automatics just do automatic things.

Manuals can have guys jamming gears, shifting with no clutch etc. much easier to outright abuse.
Automatics do automatic things until they don't do automatic things :icon_thumby:.

If I did this over again I'd definitely do the manual thing with a manual shifty thingy :D. Far less to go wrong, and much cheaper to work on...a clutch, throwout bearing, master/slave cylinder, cheaper than a rebuild on an automatic tranny that isn't doing any automatic stuff like moving the vehicle at all :icon_rofl:. Oh and 3 pedals confuse the shit out of a lot of people in today's world HAHA!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals