• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whats the deal on a c6 and np205 combo

starsnbars

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 89 ext cab ranger with a 3 inch body lift and im getting ready to drop a 302 in it i also want to run a c6 and np 205 combo but i dont see many people using this combo i know its longer and bigger then a c4 but is there anything else i need to know i really dont feel like buying the 4wd adapter for the c4 its pretty expensive. I already have a np 205 and i can pick up a c6 for a SB alot cheaper then the c4 adapter

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
Body lift is pretty much required. It's tight but it fits. The 205 fits real nice in there. The exhaust gets tight.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
As long as you find a 4x4 C4, they are out there you can use a NP205 with that as well. People don't like using the C6 because it's big and eats up power especially in stock form. On a stock 302 it's almost overkill in most opinions. The 205 is a little monster as well. Great t-case but lousy low range. Some use the lighter NP208 or the swap kit and the stock t-case. Most people use a kit with a C4 because it is easy and you can get away from getting driveshafts made. You chose a heavy duty setup, as long as everything is in good working condition you will have a hard time breaking it.

Matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals