• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bluetooth in Bronco II

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am installing a new Pioneer stereo in my 86 Bronco II. Does anyone else have Bluetooth in their Bronco's with the microphone you need to mount on a visor or elsewhere? If so can someone tell me the BEST place to mount the microphone?

Thanks!
Chaz

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Visor is the best place for "hands free" cell phone use
It needs to be away from any speakers and vibrations
Visor is closer to drivers mouth than dash, also more natural to speak in that direction with "EYES ON THE ROAD!!!!"

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was looking at that this morning and thought maybe drilling a small hole above the Speedometer and mounting it there. Out of the way and concealed. Also would be talking more in that direction... ( A thought)

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I would first tape it where you think it will work, use it for a week or so to make sure people can hear you, so not too noisy or otherwise poor quality at their end of the call

The dash area is a cavity so will have some "harmonics" at different times(steady drone), depending on speed and road conditions, you could also get the "barrel effect" from the refection of sound(your voice) off the instrument cluster.

Visor is an open area, and windshield slants away from you so no reflected sound, which is why visor is popular choice

Last edited:

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Point taken... I just mounted it in on top of the speedometer. Looks great! If it doesn't work I will move it and find a NOS replacement instrument panel to replace mine...

Thanks!

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Looks good.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I temporarily taped mine to the top of the column a couple inches back of the steering wheel.

That was almost four years ago and it's still there :) It works perfectly.

The column cover is beat, sun faded and the pins/clips trashed so the electrical tape wrap holding the mic also holds the cover on.

rangerenthiusiast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, there.

Been thinking about doing something like this as well. May I ask what you’re using on the outside of the truck as a speaker and how you’re routing the wires from the stereo to it?

Also, the aftermarket stereo in my Ranger is Bluetooth equipped, but whenever I try to connect my iPod via Bluetooth, I only get audio out of one speaker. Anyone know why? Thanks and sorry to jack your thread!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals