• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lock cylinder to ignition switch adjustment?

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have replaced both the lock cylinder and the ignition switch on my old ranger but I don't remember have the ability to adjust the engagement. When I go to start the truck it won't start until the lock cylinder is in the perfect spot. Once the truck is running all you have to do is barely touch the key and it will die. I have not torn into it yet but I was wondering if anybody has had the same issue before.

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I tore my spare steering column apart. There is no adjustment. I ended up swapping in the spare switch in because the one in my truck was loose between two pieces that make one switch. I also put a new lock cylinder in. I was lucky that Orielly had the torx with a hole and could remove the factory screws. I turned the key in the lock cylinders from my old ones and could not get the key back in the correct spot to push the pin back in which did not matter because I installed a new one. I must have played with the old cylinders trying to figure out how to push the pin back in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals