• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tach is pegged

hakukamana

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
03' Ranger 4.0, it appears that the tach maybe has a bad ground or something else is going on. When I KOEO the tach needle sometimes pegs all the way to the right, turn it off sometimes returns to a position but not 0 , play with the key on off on off, I can get it to zero out and rest at the home position. As soon as I start the truck, zoom all the way to the right past the numbers, the pointer is actually hitting the speedo gauge needle. The weird thing is the radio is not powering up either. Don't know if there related. Scanned for DTC's PO500, but nothing else. Checked all the fuses, did a battery disconnect, and let the ECM rest, no change. I have not torn into the dash yet. Still need to do a load test on the battery, and check the charging circuit on the alternator. Any ideas????? All the other gauges in the cluster are functioning normally. Only the radio and the tach are on the fritz.:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals