• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Please help me identify my 4.0

KEGMotorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I have already looked around and tried to figure this out on my own and although I have learned, I think I learned enough to now be more confused lol

So I bought a 2000 with a 4.0 and 5spd, I know the previous owner personally and so I do know he is not lying about the motor build but I think he might be off on the years of heads vs block.

Here is what I was told by him...
It has a 96 bottom end and still has the factory 2000 heads

Here is what I was told by his son...
It has a 93 bottom end and still has the factory 2000 heads

Here is what they BOTH told me...
That I must run premium fuel because the head/piston combo
(which I've since read up on and see there's combinations that can create the higher comp ratio)

Here is what I THINK I have learned...
That the 96 bottom end and 2000 top end = same as stock comp ratio??
(meaning no premium needed and no performance benefits)

That the 93 bottom end CAN'T be bolted into my 2000 chassis because the newer mounts cannot be bolted to the older block??
(therefore regardless of comp ration in mixing these 2 this cant be in my truck.

Last question, how can I identify the heads and block in case they are BOTH wrong? :dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals