• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Dad's 2000 XLT splash

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad's 1989 Ranger that he bought new was totaled by kid driving his friends Chevy too fast and hit my Dad's Ranger head on. He ordered a new 2000 Ranger to get the color and all of the options he wanted = 2.5L, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/W, P/L, P/M. Ford didn't make the Splash package anymore,that both my Dad and I like. So he ordered a XLT Flairside. I added Splash decals, Ford side steps, Ford compass mirror, wood dash trim kit and dark tint sliding rear window. My Dad had a long early morning drive to work everyday on country road, so both Rangers hit more than one deer. After deer damage to his 2000 Ranger we did some upgrades. Body color outside handles, body color bumpers, Street scene air dam/bumper cover, street scene grille inserts. Maverick parking lights mounted in the air dam. He didn't get any pictures of the Ranger with clear head lights, parking lights and aluminum wheels with white letter tires until after the poor Ranger was hit by a young girl that pulled out in front of him without looking. The air bags for some reason didn't go off. My Mom's arm was broken, other than that everyone was OK. It was sad to see the Ranger totaled with a bent frame. Ford stopped making Rangers so we fixed up a 79 F150 Ranger 4X4 for my Dad and I painted it white with a copper Ranger type color as the two tone and his new everyday driver is a 2013 Focus.

Last edited:

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Sorry, I've fixed the photo links.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
This is my Dads Ranger replacement. It a 1979 F150 Ranger. That I painted white with copper, The copper is in memory of his 2000 Ranger.

Last edited:

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I always like the Splash too. My Ranger is also a flareside. I've had a few people suggest I make it a Splash themed truck. That 79 is sweet. My next project vehicle is probably going to be a 67-72 F100. I also have a 65 Mustang that I've had for years.

LARRYBOMB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86,'88,'89,'90
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L auto, 2.9L auto, 5.0L auto, 2.3L 5spd
Transmission
Automatic
I like the F150 better. Both really nice trucks. Sorry it got smashed. Good job on the paint.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Thanks.
My Dad and I have always liked the Splash stripes so we added them to my Dads 2000 Ranger and I put them on my 1997 Ranger also. Here's the place that sells the Splash stripe kits. http://www.jamesdeancreations.com/ranger.htm They also have other Ranger stripes kits. My Dad replaced his 2000 Ranger with the 79 F150 and I replaced my 74 F100 with a 97 Ranger. The Ranger is more fun to drive and uses a lot less gas.

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Rangers are fun to drive, but those full size classic trucks have the look I favor most.

drsvox

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Sucks big time about the crash, but you have to admit, the replacement is pretty kick ass. Nice job on the paint!

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad found some cool old pictures of his 2000 Ranger. I worked at the dealership he ordered his 2000 Ranger from so I was able to take pictures of it on the transport truck and I got to do the Pre Delivery Inspection on the truck. I love to color on Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals