• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WHEELIN'!!! old florida road, a 'few' pics..

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
went out with some guys to a decent local trail, got about halfway to the trail, and the truck started misfiring, fouled #4 plug..

i told the guys to go ahead, and i went into town and got some spare plugs, replaced #4 and went back to the trail, i ended up catching up with them, but not till the very end of the trail, so i ended up doing the whole thing alone (just me and the g/f).

i didnt really stop much to take pics, or get spotted, i was hurrying to try and catch up--so i picked up a few scars from stupidity. its a 4 mile trail, i spent 45 minutes going to town and back, and i still caught the guys at the end of the trail--so i was cookin. really only got the g/f to take pics at 2 of the rock shelves, none of the mud holes, as i said we were hurrying.

pics:

battle damage:

yea, whoops--was a fun drive home goin 30 or less the whole way....

the trail wasn't much of a problem, the front shafts held up, coil springs stayed in this time...

didnt really have any mechanical problems (once i got on the trail), just the damaged drive shaft.. i was really annoyed by the stuff bouncing around in my bed as always... and in my bed-toolbox.. i need a better way to secure things.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
nice pics man

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
also how much of lift do you have?

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Looks like I could make it through there. Might have to "bump" that one ledge. Might do a little better with the two piece drive shaft too?

We will take our time running it though. Play around a bit maybe?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like I could make it through there. Might have to "bump" that one ledge. Might do a little better with the two piece drive shaft too?

We will take our time running it though. Play around a bit maybe?
for sure, we can run it when we plan our west mass wheelin'/campin' trip :icon_cheers:

but i highly doubt you'll make it through there without at least 2-4 more inches of lift and a locker or two ;-)

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Killer truck man! I like it a lot, maybe one day I'll buy a Ranger...

Yeah, looks like you have a small bend there in yer shaft, no one likes a bent shaft!

Not All There

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats a great trail, how did you do on the 3rd obstacle? the shelf?

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a great trail, how did you do on the 3rd obstacle? the shelf?
u know, i think i walked over a few of them with such ease, that i didn't even think of them as an obstacle.. there were only 2 rock shelves i really remember, they are both in the pics, as i had my girl get out and *attempt* to spot..

i bent my driveshaft on what im calling the 2nd shelf, it was really the last rock obstacle on the trail, still on the way up.. i didnt know how much torque the driveshaft could handle with it screwed up like that, so i backed down and went around (even though i just needed to pull the rear end up), i'll for sure be heading back there--now that i know the trail isnt all that badass like
people say it is. and i'll try the rock at an angle, or hit the right side of it.

this is the biggest obstacle on the trail, i think ur talking about this one:

i also pussied out and didn't hit the bog pond at the end, i was alone and didn't want to risk it with the driveshaft. theres a lot more water in it than i usually see, you cant even see the 3 lines:

Not All There

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yea, where you bent the driveshaft is the "3rd" obstacle

the pond is just stupid, when i bring large groups up there i make sure to take everyone and tell them, stay out of the pond at the end! And sure thing someone towards the end of the pack, some newbie, never listens and goes in only to flood the engine and get stuck.
That one is just too mucky and a disaster, and environmentally, thats the one thing off limits for orv's.

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
awesome pics!!

WildSide

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
NOW NOW let's not be rude and leave the GF out of this! At least one pic would be nice.

Nice pics though, Did not expect to see an area like that in FL though.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea, where you bent the driveshaft is the "3rd" obstacle

That one is just too mucky and a disaster, and environmentally, thats the one thing off limits for orv's.
i guess i'll have to go back and check it out again, i dont remember the 2nd obstacle, the first one was pretty close to the entrance, and i remember that..

and yea i've heard/read about the pond issues, there are two schools of thoughts on that amongst wheeler, which i wont get into. the left most line i think has a hard bottom to it..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals