• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2009 F-150 Raptor? Factory Baja truck?

edman1000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/ford/raptor/caught.html

Looks like Ford might finally give us the truck we need!

It'll be nice to have something to brag about. Only hope the chicken sh?? idiots at the top of ford have enough courage to stand up to the bean counters and actually build it.

I'm only going to buy one if it comes in a stick, the same reason I wont buy a new FX4 ranger.

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/ford/raptor/caught.html

Looks like Ford might finally give us the truck we need!

It'll be nice to have something to brag about. Only hope the chicken sh?? idiots at the top of ford have enough courage to stand up to the bean counters and actually build it.

I'm only going to buy one if it comes in a stick, the same reason I wont buy a new FX4 ranger.
damn right. wish they made more vehicles with sticks. i bought an auto as a temporary vehicle and its driving me nuts. i need my clutch!

that truck does look sick tho

michowski

Reaction score
If they could only get away from making everything in box shape I would say freakin A. I love the fenders on it. Take away the fenders tho and its just another box on wheels tho imo. Im sure ford will do more tho. Cant wait to see the finished product.

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if they build that they should use the 6 speed outta the superduty's that would be sweet. but what would be even sweeter is a long travel ranger with the new dohc 5.0 and a 6 speed.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is the 04-08 bodystyle. If it was going to be for the 2009 I would think they would use the 2009 truck. I have heard about the Raptor, but I am not sure what the big giveaway is on this one that it isn't a private owned truck, or even a lift kit company mule.

If they could only get away from making everything in box shape I would say freakin A. I love the fenders on it. Take away the fenders tho and its just another box on wheels tho imo. Im sure ford will do more tho. Cant wait to see the finished product.
Boxes are cool (1980's?), but they just make these new ones so heavy looking.

if they build that they should use the 6 speed outta the superduty's that would be sweet. but what would be even sweeter is a long travel ranger with the new dohc 5.0 and a 6 speed.
In 2009 they F-150 is getting the same 6 speed that is in the Expedition.

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not the six speed automatic, the manual. i could give a crap about an automatic. automatics are for women and old people.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not the six speed automatic, the manual. i could give a crap about an automatic. automatics are for women and old people.
Sort of like a 2wd then?

Sorry couldn't resist that one.:taunt:

Rumor has that after years of being confined to the two smaller engines in the F-150 that the manual transmission option will be eliminated completly, so I don't think a 6 speed manual will happen, especially if it is out of a Super Duty. Those things are massive and heavy.

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sort of like a 2wd then?

Sorry couldn't resist that one.:taunt:

Rumor has that after years of being confined to the two smaller engines in the F-150 that the manual transmission option will be eliminated completly, so I don't think a 6 speed manual will happen, especially if it is out of a Super Duty. Those things are massive and heavy.
I mexico, the f150 has only the 5.4. I think a lot of Auto Manufactures are droping engines out of cars and trucks now a days. The Dodge Nirto use to be offered with a 2.7 v6, 3.7 v6 and a 4.0 v6. Now the 2.7 is gone and this thing is only a year old. A lot of people are doing it to save money.

r1ch999999

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Mustang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I mexico, the f150 has only the 5.4. I think a lot of Auto Manufactures are droping engines out of cars and trucks now a days. The Dodge Nirto use to be offered with a 2.7 v6, 3.7 v6 and a 4.0 v6. Now the 2.7 is gone and this thing is only a year old. A lot of people are doing it to save money.
Well, I bet it's not to save money so much as to make money. You can't buy a cheaper one anymore so they get to charge you more for it.

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no its to make money, they save money by not having all the different tooling and parts that go along with operating multiple low volume lines as apposed to one high volume line. ford is getting rid of the majority of their v-6's. like the 4.0, 4.2, 3.2, 3.0. they are all gonna be replaced in some form by the new 3.5 liter.

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sort of like a 2wd then?

Sorry couldn't resist that one.:taunt:.
i know i know, im trying to turn broken2wd into functional 4x4. its not working very well. so far all i have done is break the 2wd even more.

bcbud

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i know i know, im trying to turn broken2wd into functional 4x4. its not working very well. so far all i have done is break the 2wd even more.
haha i got a better idea save up buy 4x4 functional. i find when i try taking on a project such as automatic to 5 speed or 2 wd to 4 wd it turns into a nightmare and i get them done but the vehicle never works 100% its reliable to an extent but never as good as before.

just my .2 cents

Dddaviso7

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
4.6,2.9,2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Another thing about the automatic transmission... The new Challenger = Automatic only..... They need to put the viper trans in it or something, I'm disappointed. Same with the Charger.

Sorry to be off topic.

The Raptor does look pretty sick. I'm not a fan of the 09 style though.
I heard good things about the 2010 Mustang, I'm just hoping it won't look to "futuristic."

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another thing about the automatic transmission... The new Challenger = Automatic only..... They need to put the viper trans in it or something, I'm disappointed. Same with the Charger.

Sorry to be off topic.
That is just for the first year of production, the next year they get several engine and transmission options.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals