• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 5.0 Ranger

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

1996 Ranger 5.0 Mountaineer swap, 20" Kmc Stealth, Trick Flow Upper/Lower, 24lb Python Injectors, Pro M 24lb Maf, Lakewood Traction Bars, Djm Ibeams, Explorer 8.8 Rear, Mountaineer Bumper, 5% Tint all around, 8,000k HID lights, Led bulbs all around,2002 Explorer Leather Seats, 2001 Ranger Dash, 2002 Explorer Console, Custom Carpet, Explorer Cluster, Eclipse 7" DVD Head Unit, 4-6.5" Kicker speakers, 2 Kicker 8" Competition Subs, Jbl Tweeters and 2-Jbl 600 Watt Amplifiers

Last edited:

ATOM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i like...i'd go broke buying tires though:icon_twisted:

MAranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
245c.i.
Transmission
Manual
Looks kiler man. I dont know how you stand the 5% haha not knockin it but a few of my buddies trucks are done up with it and i dont like the lack of visibillity when driving. Aesthetically it looks killer tho. Any tire rub?

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Believe it or not the truck hooks up real good....But its hard not to power break it!!! Its only been on the road for about 3 weeks and I have put alittle over 500 miles on it so far. I actually stripped off the 5% and I laid 30% all the way around including the full windshield..its alot better! This has been a 1 1/2 project for me. I bought the truck as a shell and did everything to it...here is a link to my build page. http://www.ranger-forums.com/f34/1996-2wd-5-0-swap-93083/

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love everything about this truck.

You achieve an amazing wheel-tire-height ratio

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for all the comments guys..I still have alittle work to do to finish it all up. The ride height came out just as I had envisioned in my head...But I really got lucky. I used the complete Expo rear including the leaf springs which was factory flipped then I got a set of 3" DJM dream beams. This is a pic from last week..I ended up putting 1/2" coil jackers on it this week so the front would not scrub when you hit a bump at high speeds.

Last edited:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Turned out beautiful, mate.

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sweet ride man!! reminds me of my old one just like it!!! one thing i did that made a huge difference was swap out the pedal assembly too.. it sucked after making it automatic and having that little brake pedal..

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am running two of the Delta Force racing mufflers...I really don't notice the little pedal....I was gonna swap to the bigger ones when I swapped the dash but didnt.

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice clean looking truck buddy!!! Great job in the explorer leather seats too! I like the look with the center consol!!! Did you loose any room with the explorer seats over the ranger seats?? I would love to swap some buckets into my ranger, but dont want to loose any room, and it seems like my ranger seats are tiny!

Also, what wheelse are thouse?? Never seen them before, and they looke really good!! Im guessing 18's???

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Width wise I did'nt lose any room but they sit up a little higher...I like the way they sit up..but if you are over 6' you may not like it. I would guess they sit about an 1" or 1 1/2" higher. The wheels are old actually and have been discontinued..they are 20" KMC Stealths. I found them after several months of looking on Craigslist.

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the reply! Im 6', and do have some (and by some, I mean very little) head room left in the ole 2nd gen. But was more worried about loosing room forward and back. I have the seat at the second to last notch back, with a little lean back too. And after selling cars for nearly 6 years, Im pretty sure there isint anything besides a car seat that would fit well, look good, and not make me give up my head or leg room that is allready in short supply. I was eyeing some nice f-250 king ranch buckets and center consol, but they are some really meaty seats!! I would prob have to cut everything from my ankles down off to still fit in the truck!!

Truck looks good with 20's!! I wouldnt figure that they would look good without being un-godly oversized and goofy looking, but they fit perfectly! My 17's on mine looke about the right size, and but an 18inch with some decent sized rubber would look decent still too. Must be the difference in body style that makes the difference.

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I would say the King Ranch would be way to meaty...probably alot wider also. I didnt lose any room foward or backward....Everyone is going with the 1995-2001 Expo seats so I wanted to do something different. I had the exact same wheels in 17's and it left a ton of fender gap so I searched for 20's...bought them and it came out perfect. I have read on the older Rangers like yours you can only go with an 18" b/c of the fender well. Your truck looks awesome like it is....Its a one on a kind! Thats why your gonna win TOTM

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Gorgeous little truck ya got there, man, Beautiful in and out, the engine bay is very clean as well. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals