Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Engine & Transmission Forums > Engine Conversions > V-8 Conversion Forums

Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
shr3dd3r 09

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Dust collecting and tinkering....for now....
shr3dd3r 09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman View Post
I am doing the 5.0 swap into my 2000 ranger 4x4 and am mostly done. I appreciate all the info you have posted it has been a help as I did not buy an explorer/mountaineer to do the swap, I have gathered all the pieces and done the work. In hindsight I should have just bought an explorer/mountaineer. Oh well. Anyway...

Question for you. The last thing I have to do is the battery wiring harness. I don't have the one from the ranger (I sold the motor, tranny, transfer case and all the wiring). So I grabbed one from a 97 mountaineer, it didn't cost me anything. The problem is, it is not exactly what I need and honestly I am not sure exactly what I need. Any info here you can provide is GREATLY appreciated! Did you use the one from the ranger? If not, what did you use? Did you have to do anything to it to get it to work?

Thanks so much for your time,
Clay
The 97 mountaineer battery harness should work. Except there is one plug under the brake master cylinder that doesn't match up and will need to be spliced. The other connections... to the starter and alternator... should be fine.
shr3dd3r 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #32
frogman

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Ranger
frogman is on a distinguished road

The connector under the master cylinder, is that the solenoid wire and the 2 wires to the AC compressor? Are there any other connections off of that? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram for it so I know what pins are what?

The alternator wires in through the main engine harness does it not? The truck is not in my garage or I would just go look. I think I have all the wiring done except this last thing. Everything else just plugged in like it belonged there.

Again, thanks for your help!

Last edited by frogman; 02-17-2013 at 11:11 PM.
frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #33
Baba ganush

Baba ganush is on a distinguished road

I used the charging harness from the 5.0 but I modified it to plug into the ranger (under master cylinder). What I did was splice the ranger charging harness plug (from the 3.0) onto the 5.0 charging harness. Worked perfectly.

Baba ganush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #34
Deadeye512xr

Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Enjoyment and day to day use
My credo: Drive like ya mean it
Deadeye512xr is on a distinguished road

How exactly did you jump together the DTR and where? I have a 1998 ford ranger 3.0 regular cab that I dropped a 1997 ford explorer 5.0 and M5ODR2 transmission in with a 4406 transfer case.
Deadeye512xr is offline   Reply With Quote