• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gas Mileage

joecool85

Reaction score
Geez It seems rolling the Windows down wouldn't make that much of a difference. And what is a
Under drive crank pulley?
A battery killer.

j/k

An underdrive crank pulley is a smaller pulley that goes on your crankshaft. It reduces rotating weight and slows down the accessories a bit. Some swear by them, others hate them. I've not tried them so I have no real opinion.

jewalker7842

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Heck I'm only getting 16, I got 18 last week lol...I got a 2001 XLT 3.0L 2WD 3.73 gears. Just got the truck and I'm thinking the O2 sensor might be getting bad. It has 110,000 on it and I am sure that the owner never replaced it before me. Figured if it was going bad it woudl throw a code. I'm still working on getting all the fluids changed. Tranny fluid is darn near brown lol.

joecool85

Reaction score
Heck I'm only getting 16, I got 18 last week lol...I got a 2001 XLT 3.0L 2WD 3.73 gears. Just got the truck and I'm thinking the O2 sensor might be getting bad. It has 110,000 on it and I am sure that the owner never replaced it before me. Figured if it was going bad it woudl throw a code. I'm still working on getting all the fluids changed. Tranny fluid is darn near brown lol.
Mine has 147k on it with the original O2 sensors. I'm thinking your mpg is getting sopped up by your automatic tranny. Yay torque converters!

jewalker7842

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Mine has 147k on it with the original O2 sensors. I'm thinking your mpg is getting sopped up by your automatic tranny. Yay torque converters!
I was thinking maybe the fluid in my tranny might have something to do with it. You might be reaffirming my thoughts. Then again I have never heard of tranny fluid affecting mpg.

joecool85

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the fluid in my tranny might have something to do with it. You might be reaffirming my thoughts. Then again I have never heard of tranny fluid affecting mpg.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that your automatic tranny (even if new with new fluid) is pulling down your mpg.

That said, I have seen dirty fluid + plugged tranny filter pull mpg down 1-2 mpg before.

jewalker7842

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that your automatic tranny (even if new with new fluid) is pulling down your mpg.

That said, I have seen dirty fluid + plugged tranny filter pull mpg down 1-2 mpg before.
I might as well clean that MAF sesnor while I'm at it lol.

danger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i just did my 94 3.0 50k electric fan high flow cat tonan cover 22 mpg mostly city drivng 3.45s auotmatic 2wd

YellowRanger95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fjord
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just did a 1,300 mile drive from Salem OR to Modesto CA...

Speed limit from Salem to the border was 65 mph and 70 in CA. I went about 63 the entire way down... and FML!!!!! I only got about 19-20 mpg... and I was driving like their was an anti tank mine under my gas pedal... And I was hauling ANYTHING, just my sister and I were in the car.

BUT! On the way back... it was just me and 300 pounds of walnuts in my bed... and seriously FML :icon_rofl:.. I got 20-21 mpg from Modesto to the OR border and about 22-23 mpg from the border to Salem! I just don't understand these trucks... from now on I'm just giving up and when budgeting my gas money, I just figure I'm getting 17mpg avg xD

And do you guys know how fun it is to coast ELEVEN miles downhill... in neutral... doing 75? :headbang: it's fun :icon_hornsup:

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I wonder why your highway mpg varies so much. Maybe you had a backdraft or something. Sometimes When I put my truck in neutral going over 30 the rpms go up to like 3,000 for some reason. It's just random too.

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
mpg

i got a 2004 edge 3.0L and get about 19 MPG combined HWY/city.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals