• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help choose new esc for my scx10

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Had my scx10 less than a week and killed the ae2 with drag brake. Idk how. Maybe I over heated it? Put it in a balloon found some mud. Mud was only axle deep. Ran the truck hard trying to get it stuck/ unstuck. It became glitchy. I could steer but it wouldn't move. Turn the remotw on off it would work for a while. Got it home no mud/water on or in the balloon. Unhooked the steering was gonna zero it out to get my links straight and no response from the esc no light or noises.

Since I don't comp rock crawl nor did I use my drag brake I've decided too cheap. Honestly we hardly have rock crawl stuff around here. I mostly drive it up hiking trails and places where I need the speed. Mud. Dust.small jumps. Bashing. So I don't need an expensive ae2/3 esc.

Thinking of a water Proof traxxas XL5 the double tap reverse won't bug me I think. Or this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=380655780860

Looks like the super cheap version I had with my exceed Crawler I could not kill the damn thing.

Jsommers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a traxxas xl5 on mine. It works pretty good i like that its waterproof. I think i got mine off ebay for pretty cheap. It was a brand new takeoff

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya they have them for 30$ just don't wanna buy 1 when I can buy 3. Probably buy it any ways

Ranger beater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like the evx2 from traxxas, fairly cheap and water proof.

cullyboy98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
holmes hobbies has awesome speed controls for crawlers. that have drag brake and can handle up to 3s lipo for brushed motors. I have an axial wrath that i use that in with a sky 5000 30c lipo with a 35 turn tekin crawler motor and its awesome. when im not crawling I have a kershaw shotgun 600 can motor and its a beast for bashing.. go on hobbyparts. com and see what you can find, they have great deals on everything.

issues

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Holmes hobbies all the way worth the $$$$

62pyro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2003 & 2008
Make / Model
Both Rangers
Engine Size
Both 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
holmes hobbies has awesome speed controls for crawlers. that have drag brake and can handle up to 3s lipo for brushed motors. I have an axial wrath that i use that in with a sky 5000 30c lipo with a 35 turn tekin crawler motor and its awesome. when im not crawling I have a kershaw shotgun 600 can motor and its a beast for bashing.. go on hobbyparts. com and see what you can find, they have great deals on everything.
Holmes hobbies all the way worth the $$$$
X3
It's hard to beat Holmes Hobbies quality.

issues

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Love it! Drag brake is killer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals