• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

flex fuel sensor malfunction?

00stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0L flex
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry for bringing up a old thread but hopefully this will help somebody.

I fixed my problem by installing a flex fuel replicator from pointaengineering.com. It already had the ford connector on it so it only took a few minutes to install. After years of occasionally pulling over to reset my computer, I haven't had a problem since. I installed it around a year ago

rwf32

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Did you fix? If so How?

I'm suffering from similiar incidents! I've posted in another thread trying to get an answer! I'll copy paste it below my question. But I've gotta ask if you ever fixed your issue and if so how?

(ORIGINAL QUESTION ON ANOTHER THREAD)
First off I'm by no means a mechanic, hence why I am here! My truck is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4wd v6 3.0 Flex I am running 87 Octane in it however!

My problems started off by the vehicle sputtering and puttering one day not long after I got gas, thought I just got water in the tank? It died on me and my buddy showed me a trick by taking the neg. off the battery terminal and leaving that for a few minutes to reset it or something. Well that worked so I went and put some ISO HEET in the gas to try and treat the (WATER?) and put some fuel treatment in it. Well that didn't work. after the thing dying over and over after driving for a day and the only thing getting it to run again is by reseting cpu by removing the neg battery terminal for about 2 minutes. I got a couple local opinions and they said bad fuel pump. So I replaced the fuel pump, and fuel filter.

That got it it running again fine for two tanks of fuel no problem. Well just before filling up the tank again at tank #3 after new fuel pump boom! Same problem I'm back to square one!

I took the truck and borrowed a code reader at local parts store that read error p0176. I think I found the part but it's like 500 bucks... Any clue's? Any hints? Any Help, PLEASE! BTW Examples, videos or something would be great as I am stupid when it comes to vehicles! Yes I replaced the fuel pump but it was at the aid of youtube videos ha!

God bless and thank you~

bobbie58

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
flex fuel problem

I bought a 2000 ford ranger xlt (flex fuel ) from my neighbor who forgot to tell me the check engine light was on because of the flex fuel , so I bought a flex fuel replicator after putting it on and putting 250 miles on the truck to clear the code , it passed pa s state emissions test and my check engine light hasn't come back on and it runs better and the local parts store wanted $750 for a replacement flex fuel sensor, my replicator was $168

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals