• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Asked for skyjacker, got superlift

bronco2blue

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I bought what I thought was a skyjacker 4-6" kit from a member, but the passenger side axle drop bracket is actually a superlift, the ones that are known to break. Is it possible to order the passenger side axle drop bracket individually from skyjacker? I don't really feel good about running two different brands of axle drop brackets together. Thanks for any info.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You should be able to order parts from Skyjacker (though I'm not sure if they sell each bracket separately, or if they come as a pair). However as long as the brackets are for the same lift height, there shouldn't be an issue having different brands of brackets.

If this is regarding the bracket that is mounted on the passengerside of the frame (meaning the bracket that supports the driverside axle beam), that one is actually fairly easy to reinforce if you have a welder (gusset the mounting tabs and widen it's footprint to extend down the front face of the crossmember).

bronco2blue

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I bought it from a member in the classifieds section. Yes I am talking about the bracket that supports the drivers side axle beam. It has 4 and 6 inch mounting holes just like the skyjacker brackets and it has the same texture as the skyjacker parts. As long as I can run different brand lift parts together ill keep what I have and reinforce the superlift bracket.

Last edited:

swifttony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
That sucks! You are better off buying accessories/parts from reputable online auto parts stores.

bronco2blue

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just realized the superlift is labeled for 5.5 inches of lift and the skyjacker is labeled for 6 inches. Would they still be compatible together?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My wag [wild ass guess] is that it won't make much if any difference. At most there would be ~5/16" height difference, which could be fixed with a couple of washers.

bronco2blue

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, I'm thinking about using the 4" bracket holes with 6" coils. This should keep the alignment somewhat straight since the camber bushings I'm using are already adjusted to the maximum amount you can get on these axles (about 2" over stock).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals