• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

thoughts on km2

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Costco has 33x12.50r15 km2s mounted and balanced with there warranty for 800$ seems like a steal. Thought about doin it a few times.

Some people love this tire some hate it. But haven't gotten any input from any one that's run them on our trucks just full size. All the full size guys say they feel the tire would do better on a lighter truck.

I can get gt adventuro mt in the same size for 180$ with free shipping. But i won't have the warranty

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
My Buddy Justin has a set on his 06 Wrangler unlimited. He uses it as a daily driver and off road and they did really well when new, but they wore down really quickly to about half tread, and don't grip well at all anymore. They are awesome new though. And you are right, that price is outstanding, especially mounted and balanced.

After him and I going to the same OHV area together, the same amount of times, his tires have many less cracks, chunks, and sidewalls looks better than my tires have faired. But then again, my tires came on my b2 and are cheap crap.

Personally I wouldn't get a set for my rig. But I do see the upsides.

Last edited:

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The best thing I ever did for my truck was to take the KM2s off of it.
They are completely useless on everything, except asphalt, dry hardpack, and high-traction rocks.

They spin everywhere, and when in mud they pack up and don't self clean.

Anytime I was offroad, even just going to check on the cows, I found myself needing 4wd.

I've only found 2 tires that please me, Cooper STT and Swamper SX.

Edit* The KM2 is nothing bit a mall-crawler tire.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
I had 33 12.50 km2 before on my truck. They are a decent tire for mild off roading. I went to a mtr Kevlar when I went up in size and they blow the bfgs out of the water. Yes they are bigger, but I sold the km2s to a friend and when we would go wheeling together I would always have better traction. They are pretty quiet on the road for a mid tire though. Light wheeling and dd duty $800 is a good deal

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've had the KM2s for around a year now and yes, they are a mall crawler tire. To a certain extent. They keep up well on mild trails. They do pack up with mud. The sidewalls are stupid thin so I wouldn't trust them on a crawler.

I would honestly go with the MT/R with Kevlar or Super Swamper SX if you want a real off road tire to beat on.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
All the people I expected to comment here did so :). I can get cooper stt for 189 each and really thought about them too.

I'm going to go with 33s till I regear then go with 36 iroks. Because I snow wheel alot. I looked at the mtr with Kevlar and I really like that tire I can get it for around the same as an stt. Unsure of which of the 2 would be better. We have clay and snow. Not straight mud.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The ONLY thing bad (and it's more or less cosmetic) about the MT/R-K is that they are a directional tread tire, so keep that in mind.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah. I don't mind directional tread. One of my buddies who does nothing but snow wheel claims the mtr/k airs down like shit because of the Kevlar. But I've heard they go like hell in the snow

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

1000 word essay on why KM2s suck in the mud.

They should really change the words on the sidewalls.

Here's how you get traction in the snow with KM2. Notice in the first pic what the actions of the second pic did to my leaf springs... I ruined $400 worth of springs so I could get home on $600 worth of rear tires.

My favoritest tire ever! Besides being sexy, the traction in all conditions is fantastic. I think they bite harder than the Swamper SXs I'm running now, although that comparison is apples to orange starburst. Not to mention they wore perfectly even till the died at 55k mi.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I now see why you hate km2 tires. I've always liked the look of stt. Nice and wide pattern too

DangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I replaced 35"SX's on my rig with KM2's. It's like a new truck. I can drive the speed limit without getting shaken to pieces. Handy as I drive to and from trails. They are quiet and so far proven to be decent tires off road. Also dont weigh nearly as much so wont get a hernia changing them. I do have lockers front and rear, so that's an advantage anyway, but I'm happy with mine.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
The KM2 is more along the lines of a great all terrain tire in my opinion. I have them on two trucks and they work great for me. They ride excellent on the road up to 55mph (I don't go faster), they do great on rocks and hardpack trails. Mud performance really isn't much better over the BFG AT KO. They have a hard time cleaning and im pretty sure I get through the spots I do because both of my trucks have real 4wd with Detroit lockers and true tracs.

They get me around everyday on and off the road. I run them year round on one truck and the only real place I don't prefer them is stopping on wet/slushy roads. They get going fine in the slush and turn/handle more than fine. they just don't always stop good. They lock up easy. Good all around tire though. I enjoy them for my trucks that see as much road as off road use.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm gonna throw in a suggestion I haven't seen yet.

Hankook MT.

Decided I would try them as my next tire. Wante a mud terrain for winter. I'm glad I picked these. Solid tires. I had the centre tread siped for better ice traction.

4 wheeler crowned them the best MT in 2012 I think which is why I tried them. So far, I'm glad I did. Have no comment on actual mud performance though, since you know, it's winter lol.

But dry pavement, amazing. Deep snow, amazing. Packed snow/ice, pretty amazing (for an MT, probably because of my siping)

Handled 2.5' snow with ease.
Didn't even need 4x for the 1' snow on the backroads either. Just steady throttle and away the truck goes.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm gonna throw in a suggestion I haven't seen yet.

Hankook MT.

Decided I would try them as my next tire. Wante a mud terrain for winter. I'm glad I picked these. Solid tires. I had the centre tread siped for better ice traction.

4 wheeler crowned them the best MT in 2012 I think which is why I tried them. So far, I'm glad I did. Have no comment on actual mud performance though, since you know, it's winter lol.

But dry pavement, amazing. Deep snow, amazing. Packed snow/ice, pretty amazing (for an MT, probably because of my siping)

Handled 2.5' snow with ease.
Didn't even need 4x for the 1' snow on the backroads either. Just steady throttle and away the truck goes.
I remember reading that mag. My buddy has a set on a f350 with a rear locker and swears . Them. Was a tire i thought of but not sure on. So Many options! !

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Almost to many options haha.

I'm very happy with them so far. I had 33x10.50 km2's for a while. But they didn't balance right and I ditched em after maybe a month (3,000 miles)

Sold them for what I paid so it was no loss to me. After those I went to falken wildpeaks. Which I absolutely love. Would have bought them in 33's but wanted an MT for winter due to better deep snow performance.

Can't go wrong with cooper STT's either.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals