• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1991 ranger 4cyl

4bangin'ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I want to throw a bigger engine in my 1991 ranger. I wanna know what is the biggest engine to be able to just drop in with a new tranny and drivetrain well shorter, and rear end. Looking to get a new rear end from a Foxbody mustang preferably an 8.8 for it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not really anything "drop in" -- But, for non-air conditioned Rangers, a 351W is probably the physically largest that's nearly a bolt in proposition.

The 351 can be stroked to 427 with the 408 probably the most practical for all around use.

You'll run out of room at both the firewall/air box and radiator area in a real hurry with any V8 with the radiator often ending up inside, or forward the radiator support rather than behind it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals