• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is my Ranger rare?

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not sure if this is even worth posting here, but I have always been curious if there are any other Rangers out there like mine.

I ordered my 2000 Ranger in the fall of 99. Took FOREVER until it finally arrived at the dealership. Anyway, here are the specs on it:

2000 Ranger. Black, Regular Cab, Shortbed, 2wheel drive. 4.0 V6, 5 speed, 3.55 limited slip.

Its kind of an odd ball truck and apparently after 2000 you couldnt get a 4.0 in a regular cab 2wd.

Its a fun truck, and I was just wondering if it is rare.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes they are rare but you can still find reg cab 4x2 4.0s. i found a 2006 model the other day.

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I figured it would be worth a try to see if it was.

Is there a way to find out production numbers? Kind of like the Marti Report for Mustangs??

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2000 Ranger. Black, Regular Cab, Shortbed, 2wheel drive. 4.0 V6, 5 speed, 3.55 limited slip.

Its kind of an odd ball truck and apparently after 2000 you couldnt get a 4.0 in a regular cab 2wd.

Its a fun truck, and I was just wondering if it is rare.
POST PICS!! I want your truck!!!!! I wanna build myself that exact setup: 4.0 OHV, 5spd, reg cab, shortbed, 2wd...but with 3.73 gearing.

Oddball, yes. Very rare, yes because almost every one of 'em is a customer special order build(meaning they spec'd it out). Numbers? IDK. You could get 4.0 in reg cab 2wd on-and-off for the last 10 years. The last year was *i think* '08. Of course like yours, they were special ordered by the customer. After that and before that, it was more available on the longbed XL models. Most were 3.0 but some got the 4.0 and even fewer shortbeds got it. Every once in a while I see 01-03's on craigslist with the 4.0 in XL trim and longbed...after 03, they're virtually so rare, they're not found at all.

You don't want your truck anymore right? Just send it up to Oregon please...

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
POST PICS!! I want your truck!!!!! I wanna build myself that exact setup: 4.0 OHV, 5spd, reg cab, shortbed, 2wd...but with 3.73 gearing.

Oddball, yes. Very rare, yes because almost every one of 'em is a customer special order build(meaning they spec'd it out). Numbers? IDK. You could get 4.0 in reg cab 2wd on-and-off for the last 10 years. The last year was *i think* '08. Of course like yours, they were special ordered by the customer. After that and before that, it was more available on the longbed XL models. Most were 3.0 but some got the 4.0 and even fewer shortbeds got it. Every once in a while I see 01-03's on craigslist with the 4.0 in XL trim and longbed...after 03, they're virtually so rare, they're not found at all.

You don't want your truck anymore right? Just send it up to Oregon please...

Haha...this truck is my baby, I can't part with it!! It has about 73,000 miles on it and it has been such a good truck to me. It even has the original battery in it that is almost 10 years old!!

Thank you for the feedback FX4! I will try to get some pics of it for you. I knew this truck would be a conversation piece someday.

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
^^JINX IT! Tomorrow or even today you'll go out and try to start it only to hear a 'click' or a 'clickclickclickclickclick'. lol! I crossed my toes since I can't exactly cross my fingers while I'm typing!

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
^^JINX IT! Tomorrow or even today you'll go out and try to start it only to hear a 'click' or a 'clickclickclickclickclick'. lol! I crossed my toes since I can't exactly cross my fingers while I'm typing!
Lol, you are probably right. Its supposed to get down to single digit temperatures this weekend...so that will most likely be the end of it.

10 years is a damn good run for a battery!!

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah....I got like 4 years out of mine at about 60k on the clock. Roll started the thing for about a week til I could get around to buying the Optima! haha.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals