• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to find connector plug mounted in trans housing to the valve body?

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Under the Carolina Moon and Palmetto Tree (SC)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know where I can get a connector plug that is mounted in the transmission housing to the valve body. This is for the torque converter clutch lockup for overdrive.

This would be for a 1987 B2 4wd A4LD trans. Black numbers appear on the side of the connector 37186. I tried to google this number with no luck.

Thanks!

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Transmission
Manual
Do you have a picture?

I went to rockauto.com and looked up parts for an 87 a4ld...but a pic will help.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You're looking for the connector itself? Do you have a picture? I just swapped out the A4LD on my 89 to a 5spd, so I can probably clip it off and send it to you.

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Under the Carolina Moon and Palmetto Tree (SC)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, thanks for the help!

I wont be able to get a picture cause the mechanic that is rebuilding the trans has it. I removed the plug yesterday from the trans housing and when I tapped it out, I not knowingly broke a clip on one side.

The plug is located on the drivers side of trans just below the 2 adjustment screws and it plugs into the valve body. A 2 wire plug from the wiring harness plugs into this.

When I got the 87 B2 it had a rebuilt trans but sat for several years. The trans came out of a late model 88 B2 making it an 89 model trans. The problem we ran into was there was a difference on these 2 plugs. One being a 2 wire (87) and the other a 3 wire (89).

So in order to make the 89 trans work in the 87 B2 and have overdrive, the valve body had to be changed out and this would be the correct wire harness plug work with the newer trans.

If I come across a pic I will post. We think the original plug may work but I would rather have a new plug if possible. We have tried local ford dealer and others. Looked on rock auto with no luck either.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'll look for a two wire plug, I think all my 89 has is a three wire and a 5 pin. I have to splice in my 5 spd still, but I'll check if I have the right one. If I do, I'll mail it to you.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Be advised, I haven't forgot about you, man. I had to leave town for work, but I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll check that plug.

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Be advised, dude. My 89 only has a three plug and a five plug. Sorry.

Using Tapatalk.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals