• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No power to compressor or Low pressure switch

scbuddney

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've determined that the compressor is not getting any power. I've checked the fuses (that I've been able to find) and they look good. I've checked power at the clutch and low pressure switch - nothing.
I jumped the straight from the battery and low pressure switch the compressor kicked in.. I noticed when the air worked last the button I push on the dash for air, the button lit up. it does not now. Please help-its hot out

Last edited:

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've determined that the compressor is not getting any power. I've checked the fuses (that I've been able to find) and they look good. I've checked power at the clutch and low pressure switch - nothing.
I jumped the straight from the battery and low pressure switch the compressor kicked in.. I noticed when the air worked last the button I push on the dash for air, the button lit up. it does not now. Please help-its hot out
You shouldn't jump from battery to low pressure switch. If you don't have an ac gauge or an understanding of the ac system you really should take it to a shop so you don't cook your pcm or a switch. That said, if you haven't fried anything yet, you could get a paperclip and jump the low pressure switch (remove the connector from the low presure switch and connect the two ends of the paperclip into the low pressure switch wire harness, vehicle should be running). If the clutch engages, remove the clip immediately. Running a compressor with low refrigerant will damage the compressor. If the compressor works, looks for signs of a leak, fix leak and evac/recharge. If not report back here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2trux

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9 L
Transmission
Manual
This may be a little late but I had no power to the clutch on my ranger. It turned out to be the full throttle cutout relay. I took the connector off the relay and jumped the connector to get the power past this point and clutch started activating as it should. The only thing this affects is not disabling the clutch at full throttle. The relay on my truck was located under the fuse box that is near the battery. My truck is a 89.
My problem was not a relay issue, it was being activated all the time as if I was at full throttle. I will chase down this problem in the winter when I don't need the A/C.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals