• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BII steering wheel replacement

SR185

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
stock 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
I'd like to replace original steering wheel on my '84 BII with a newer steering wheel. My BII has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Will the steering wheels from newer Ford Explorers (with cruise control) work on the BII? Or any other Ford vehicles?

Has anyone done this swap, and have recommendations on which replacement wheels look best.

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
I don't have cruise but I swapped a grant gt steering wheel into mine it's a little smaller of a circle then stock but it's awesome I love it

SR185

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
stock 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have cruise but I swapped a grant gt steering wheel into mine it's a little smaller of a circle then stock but it's awesome I love it
Yes, I've seen plenty of aftermarket wheels that will work without cruise control.
But, I don't want to give up this feature.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, I've seen plenty of aftermarket wheels that will work without cruise control.
But, I don't want to give up this feature.

Good question, I want to do the same thing and keep the cruise. The stock wheel is pretty chewed up at the top, a newer wheel would look nice. Hopefully someone will know if its a plug-and-play deal.

broncodw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 bronco ii
Make / Model
1996 explorer
Transmission
Automatic
I replaced my wheel on my 1986 bronco II with an explorer wheel. Make sure it is one before airbags. You will need to remove some of the plastic where it fits against the column with a grinder but it is easy. The cruise controls and horn wire line up perfectly. Get black if possible because it looks good with all interior colors

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals