• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2 finally back on the road

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
Well after a 8 month sit I finally got my b2 back on the road yesterday. The problem ended up being a feul pressure regulator but figuring it out took forever to do and of coarse I replaced feul pump,lines, filter and oneof the injectors that was plugged and didn't work. But it awesometo drive it agian and be able to go play with all my friends agian in the woods etc now just got to lift it so I can go every where they do. :yahoo:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good for u, now its my turn. I want mine runnin:(

Rock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What were the symptons of your problem? I'm in the seventh month of trying to get to my 1989 B2 problem. Starts and dies immediately. Thanks

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
It would start with pumping the gas would have to hold it at about 1500 rpms and the after few min it would have a rough idle and have some white smoke that smelled like gas and then if itouch the gas it would die. Questions for you how old is the feul pump and same with the feul filter. My feul pump is brand new had it tested had no feul pressure and then put the pum in it drove it about 60 milies then draped out on me. Check feul lines injectors and was stumped it would crank and crank and then all the sudden stop later found out it was because cylinders were full of gas cause feul pressure regulator was toast. Got a new one put it on changed the oil and plugs and rights great agian smoke alittle burning extra gas and crap out of the cylinders from sitting. Hope this helps any other questions let me know

Rock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Guys! I have gotten several good possibilities from you and from reading some of the other posts. I'm gonna go the Pressure Reg route. It's 90 bucks at ORiely's, so I certainly hope it is the problem. I'll let you know!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals