• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Interior

blurple93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone,

I have a 1993 singe cab manual that has a horribly faded and cracked dashboard and door panel that are also blue. My first though was to swap out to the newer dash (1995 and newer i think) like my 02 had that was rounded off with the double din radio bezel for a nice Navigation head unit. But reading on here tells me that it will involve way too much time rewiring and modifying to make the 95 parts fit and work right. Im in the U.S Navy on a ship that deploys a lot so i would be starting and stopping projects for months at a time. It just does not appeal to me unless I can find someone who has done it and can give me step by step instructions that i could use to remember my place.

My next thought is a replacement radio/hvac/cluster bezel that has space for a double din radio. Anyone seen or heard of such a thing? If i could find something like that, I could just get a better 93 dash and door panels and put the new bezel in and be happy.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

blurple93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not a bad idea rather than scrounging the pick and pull for a good dash. I think I am gonna have to give up on having a double din radio though unless I move it somewhere else. Maybe I'll just go flip up. I'm just not finding anything.

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If you're lucky enough, you can find a used dashboard from a local junkyard.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can fit a double din radio in your truck. You will just have to be okay with removing the two AC/Heater vents above the single din radio. You will have to cut them out with a Dremel or similar tool and then block of the air vent. I have seen it done a few time when I worked for the tow company and got some mini trucks from a club impounded. Wish I still had the pics for you.

blurple93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can fit a double din radio in your truck. You will just have to be okay with removing the two AC/Heater vents above the single din radio. You will have to cut them out with a Dremel or similar tool and then block of the air vent. I have seen it done a few time when I worked for the tow company and got some mini trucks from a club impounded. Wish I still had the pics for you.
Thank you for the input. I was kinda figureing that it would come down to some custom work when i didnt get much in the way of replies. The local pick n pull has about 15-20 explorers and rangers, so getting interior parts is no problem. Maybe, as long as I am going the custom route, I can still salvage some AC airflow by just making the vent shorter and wider. It all just comes down to getting spare parts and chopping stuff up to see what works.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You really wouldn't be loosing any A/C airflow from the middle vent at all as the air will just go to the driver and passenger side vents more. Especially in a single cab. Also I mistyped you only have 1 vent and a dummy vent as long as your truck isn't 4x4. The switch goes on the dummy side.

blurple93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, but i figure as long as I am doing custom work on the bezel, maybe they can make me up some kind of vent to feed the stock one into, it would just have to be shorter to allow the space for the double din radio.

blurple93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am also considering something with an overhead console and just moving the head unit to above me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals