• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 Explorer5.0 into 86 Bronco2

OlBlue38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 86 Eddie Bauer B2 and a 98 Explorer 5.0 AWD 8.8 Rear end I plan to swap Radiator, Engine, trans,(use trans adaptor to B2 transfer case. rear end assy, and dash. I have Ford service manuals and schematics for the Explorer, and schematics for the B2. The B2 schematics for the B2 transfer case are poor. I have done a lot of research, but still have many questions. I know about the PATS, Remote oil filter, motor mounts rear end swap, DANA 35 front end swap. I plan to use as much of the Explorer wiring as possible. I have questions, Do I use all B2 shift controls, wiring and console? When I swap the column how does the steering shaft connect to the B2 steering box?When swapping the dash, I know the lower fire wall has to be cut out and swapped. (This help received from member Running Man )Does any one have a step by step description of this modification, possibly with pictures. I plan to use the Explorer anti lock brake system. Any help will be appreciated. I am an old retired Ford service tech. I have experience with wiring, very little experience at these swaps. Thanks,

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals