• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2WD lift questions.

colinrmitchell

Feels good, man.
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, guys.

I'm new to the forums and off-road trucks in general. I got a '97 2WD, and just put the SkyJacker 6" (rear blocks) on it three or four weeks ago. When I finished it, the truck sat level. I took it out to the woods, and then the front sat lower than the rear. I took it out again a few days ago, and now it seems the back sits lower. Is this normal break-in, or did I mess some stuff up? Everything seems to be in good working order (nothing bent or broken). I don't seem to have as much clearance as I used to.

Thanks in advance.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did you take measurements of before and after as instructed by Skyjacker? If so, your in good shape, Just refer back to those measurements to confirm what you believe your seeing. Sometime, your eyes can play tricks on you. Also, if you didn't get it aligned, your alignment being out can cause suspension loading and unloading depending on what's out of spec.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals