• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need opinion on wheels

Cast a vote and help me decide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I want to end up with either AR outlaw II or MT Classic II style wheels, and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires in 32 x 11.5R15. Unfortunately I've got to much money going out to do both right now, and I'm not entirely sure I can decide which wheel. But I need tires soon so I want to go ahead and get them for the 15x8 wheel, rather than the 16 that's on there.

So which of these wheels do you think will look better for temp measure.

These used from eBay currently no bids, starting at $75 with $50 shipping reserve not listed.
Buy it now price is $250. Max I will go is 175 total for a bid of 125.

Seller says they are aftermarket wheels that came off a wrecked ranger, are 15x8 with a 4" backspacing. They appear to be AR Mojave wheels but those don't come in that size with a 4" bs.

Only blemish on them according to seller is this, and I figure it can probably be blended in to not be so obvious.

OR

A set of these American Racing AR-39 Style wheels in 15x8 with the proper bolt pattern and back spacing that I can pick up used off another ranger site for $250.

OR

A set of these U.S. Wheel Series 94 for about $250 plus tax

EDIT: Please don't vote on the first one it ends tomorrow, instead vote on only one of the other two. The eBay set has now been bid on so who knows if I'll be able to win them or not. I will bid if I can verify the brand and backspacing, if I loose the auction I want opinions on the other two.

Last edited:

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If I can find out the actual make of the wheel, and can verify the backspacing, I probably will go with the first. Unfortunatly it ends tomorrow so I have to find out fast.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
The second ones are homo, and you dont ant steel wheels, i think they look trashymost the time. The 1st ones would be my choice.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The steel wheels don't have to last for long maybe a year or two at most. Also I don't do much wheelin mostly just getting around the hunting club.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well the bidding on that first set just ended. I had the highest bid at $105 but didn't hit the reserve. Looks like I'm out of luck on them unless the seller should decide to sell them to me for that price anyway. I hate reserve sells, defeats the whole purpose of putting something up for auction, then with the buy it now also why not just sell them out right for the price you are asking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals